Seeking Light Colored Tolbunt Hen

YES - she said he IS VERY DARK for a Tolbunt but that if I breed him with a light hen I will see the offspring are certainly Tolbunt. So now I just need to use the right hen.

Can I use other than a Tolbunt to get the color in breeding with this dark roo? I do have a Buff Laced hen that is very good looking except she is missing several toenails - would the missing toenails be present her chicks? If so I won't use her and will get another hen.

I tried to get his picture in the sun but he kept staying in the shade but he is very dark and does look black although his feathers are very green-ish iridescent.

Last edited:
I hope I am wrong... but it looks like the seller got you on that one, he looks like a poorlu colored white crested black to me. Perhaps he is half tolblunt and half white crested black and by breeding back to a tolblunt you will get some chicks that are tolblunt looking?

I'd ask her what color his parents were. Did you see any actual tolblunt at her place?

No didn't see any others - I may be wrong but I think this was the only one she had at the time?

She is member of the Polish Breeders Club and that is how we came in contact with each other. I'm sure there is some logical explanation for why his looks differ from the usual? I'll ask her for more information on him.

Im sorry to tell you this, but he's not a tolbunt. He looks like a pq wcb.

Here's another wcb roo for comparison
IMG_1616.jpg

Here's what a tolbunt should look like
PolTolbuntCkl.JPEG

Last edited:
I have several of the black bodied ones with the marble crown/top so I did think he looked similar to those.

He isn't aggressive at all so he can stay for now until I figure out what to do with him. I still want to try him out with a light tolbunt to see what comes of it. I will try to find someone else locally that can help me out on this.

Here are the ones I bought from MyPetChicken.com earlier this year and raised from day-olds ........
15259_gretagoldie.jpg
[/img]

15259_blondie.jpg
[/img]

15259_lacey.jpg
[/img]

Lisa,
pm me privately, let me know who you got this bird from. I'm a PBC member too, so if I have a name I might be able to give you some insight to why this bird is so dark.

Back
Top Bottom