Seeking R-com users ??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lurky, Jan 12, 2009.

1. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    If anyone has an r-com, i would like to know about hatching Bantams. Should i used the quail tray, or the regular chicken egg tray???? I sure hope someone knows what works best [​IMG]

2. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sunny the Hippie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    I too has been wondering about the R-com. I was wondering if it gets good hatches..

3. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Well, i will be putting my first eggs in tomorrow night, so i can let you know in Feb [​IMG] I am just doing a small test hatch.

4. mychickensrock

mychickensrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Are we talking about the little r-com or a regular size? Just curious we don't have a bator. [​IMG] yet [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  5. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:I am talking about the r-com 20 pro, but i think they all have the trays i am wondering about.
    The chicken trays seem too big, and the quail seem too small.

6. blasto

blasto Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Richmond
    I just got the mini 3 egg bator and the optional 7 quail egg tray. The banty eggs would have to be very small to fit in the quail tray without crowding and rubbing. The tray is about 7 x 4 inches and there are 7 staggered depressions in that space, each about as big as a big man*s thumb print. Not much room at all.

7. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I agree......and i decided to use the regular chicken egg tray. Its working ok as all 4 eggs are developing [​IMG] But i think someday i will buy the universal egg tray [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by