Seems like it took FOREVER!!

I love it! I have already warned family and friends when I find my first eggs they are getting pictures and phone calls. I don't think they believed me, but it's going to happen. But I know the only people that will be as excited as I will be, will be on this site.

You are right but I figure if I have to spend my time "liking" everyone else's pics of their kids on FB, they have to share in my chicken excitement. At least until the grandbaby gets here in a couple months :lol:

This is my mystery egg. I have no idea who is laying them!

That's a beautiful shade of brown! Wish I had paid more attention to egg color when choosing breeds.

I found a surprise this morning. One of my EE's was in the nest box. I interupted her and she got out. In the corner was a double yolk, soft shelled egg that had split open. My EE's are laying perfect small blue/green eggs daily. Shells thicker than store eggs. Every egg I've gotten from any of them have thick hard shells. A few days ago i got the XL egg from a RIR but its shell is perfect. I haven't cracked it to ck for double yolk.

This broken egg's shell was kinda like a cheap plastic shower liner. It was soft and weird but not terribly thin. It was light brown in color so I kinda doubt an EE left it.

I hope someone's egg factory is just working out the kinks.

That's a beautiful shade of brown! Wish I had paid more attention to egg color when choosing breeds.

I found a surprise this morning. One of my EE's was in the nest box. I interupted her and she got out. In the corner was a double yolk, soft shelled egg that had split open. My EE's are laying perfect small blue/green eggs daily. Shells thicker than store eggs. Every egg I've gotten from any of them have thick hard shells. A few days ago i got the XL egg from a RIR but its shell is perfect. I haven't cracked it to ck for double yolk.

This broken egg's shell was kinda like a cheap plastic shower liner. It was soft and weird but not terribly thin. It was light brown in color so I kinda doubt an EE left it.

I hope someone's egg factory is just working out the kinks.

Last night when the girls went up to their roosting bar I found a smooshed egg next to the feeder with a thin membrane instead of a shell. They usually chow down just before they go up to roost so it probably slipped out of someone at the feeder. It's weird because all my other shells are thicker and harder than store bought eggs.

Last night when the girls went up to their roosting bar I found a smooshed egg next to the feeder with a thin membrane instead of a shell. They usually chow down just before they go up to roost so it probably slipped out of someone at the feeder. It's weird because all my other shells are thicker and harder than store bought eggs.

Mine eat like crazy just before bed too. Come to think if it... So do i

Well, you guys made the weekly email, and I am in the exact same boat, so I hope you don't mind me joining in! I have (8) 18-week old golden comets that I am (im)patiently awaiting eggs from. I also have 2 white silkies that are supposedly 5 weeks older and they haven't given me any eggs yet either! But seeing as I haven't installed my nest boxes (I was waiting for one to start), I'm going to install them this evening! I hope that will do the trick! I'm glad to find others so eggcited about eggs!
lol.png

Well, you guys made the weekly email, and I am in the exact same boat, so I hope you don't mind me joining in!  I have (8) 18-week old golden comets that I am (im)patiently awaiting eggs from.  I also have 2 white silkies that are supposedly 5 weeks older and they haven't given me any eggs yet either!  But seeing as I haven't installed my nest boxes (I was waiting for one to start), I'm going to install them this evening!  I hope that will do the trick!  I'm glad to find others so eggcited about eggs!  :lol:

I will keep my toes crossed for ya!

I will keep my toes crossed for ya!

Thank ya!

@WVduckchick
Weekly email?
Welcome!

I think its a weekly, and I think you subscribe to it when you sign up on BYC, I guess you can probably opt out too. The subject line is "Keeping Chickens With Other Livestock & BYC Mousepads" This thread is in the "Hot topics" area on the bottom of the email!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom