Self-Blue Silkies from Ideal at almost 3 weeks

Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 26, 2007
Fair Oaks, California
i just wanted to share a couple pictures of some of the self-blue silkies i ordered from Ideal. They will be 3 weeks old this Wednesday and are getting very fluffy.

lavsilkies3wks4.jpg

lavsilkies3wks3.jpg

lavsilkies3wks2.jpg

lavsilkies3wks1.jpg

OMG how cute! I wanted to order a few Silkies, but didn't
hmm.png

Now I'm considering talking my dh into building a Silkie coop in a few years
lol.png
I thought I had better wait and not push my luck. Thanks for sharing!

Oh, i forgot about this thread but always subscribe to the threads i post. i ended up keeping just 3 girls out of the 16 silkies i ordered. The last group of boys i rehomed were MEAN! They aren't very good quality silkies, and actually, are not the brightest bulbs in the pack. But i will take pics tomorrow so you can see how they turned out. i had great plans to breed lavender silkies to showgirls to get some nice lavender showgirls. Turns out, i'm not built for breeding. i tend to want to keep the nice chickens, not the pretty ones . . . and then, my girls voted all the boys off the island.
smile.png

I had thought about ordering Self Blue Silkies from Ideal before but changed my mind after asking questions about colors being mixed. I thought I'd give them a shot and work on them with some better quality Silkies I have here....but I changed my mind after receiving an email from Ideal. They said (and I quote) "Any blue variety from our hatchery can include the Blue, Black or Splash". So the "Self Blues" can have any of those colors mixed in with them. I also asked why there wasn't a pic of the Self Blue Silkies and they said "We do not keep any pictures of our breeding stock." Seemed kinda shady to me that they can't put pics up of there real breeder stock. Anyways, I didn't want the confusion of telling apart the Lav from the Blues so I said the heck with it. If they are just pets its one thing....but if you plan on breeding them & selling them....might not be such a good idea IMO.
smile.png

Your right, if its a true self blue you can't get other colors...but what they are saying is that their colors are mixed. I asked if the self blues had any other colors bred into them and thats the response I got directly from them. Unless he got confused, but I specifically said Self Blue/Lavender.....so I don't know. I just got a little concerned when he said that and the fact that they refuse to put pictures up of their breeding stock. Just my opinion though.

Back
Top Bottom