Self Blue

The truth of it, we could only buy pairs ( pullet/cockerel) from a breeder, so to get 4 pullets we acquired 4 Self Blue cockerels, but in researching and asking questions learned that we could get blacks and Self Blue, was looking for Black, but also in hope for Self Blue pullets? We are Novices when it comes to colors especially. Just didn't want to get rid of all the cockerels if they could be beneficial, we have A-frame coops and plenty of space, but needing to cull or re-home some cockerels. When I built the A-frame coops I hooked multiple coops together with sliding doors to separate them, nesting boxes for each coop so when broody set we could separate the coop for broody and and new chicks and also keep other hens from laying in her nest while setting. We have two Ginger Red cockerels, one BB red cockerel, 4 Self Blue cockerels and a mix Bantam cockerel, Sussex and possible bbred because of his color but he has a rose comb, so we need to decide what to do with some of them??? Looking to keep four, for different colors, we don't show, we just have chickens, all bantams, it's a hobby for myself and my handicap daughter. I'm always open for advice.
Ohh, okay that makes sense.
If you can, post pics of all your cockerels and I'll try my best to help you pick the best ones for your flock.
Do you have pics of your hens, as well?
If you were to cull these bantams, you wouldn't get much meat, so just something to consider if you decide to cull them.
I would personally sell them. Then you can recoup a *little* money.

Back
Top Bottom