Sellers selling ee's as Amercaunas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Posting things that aren't backed by facts does nothing but further confuse those who had questions about the Ameraucana breed to begin with. Your understanding on something doesn't make it verbatim for the breed.

& yes Ameraucanas, the recognized varieties, do breed true.

I didn't say it was fact. I say the words "my understanding" for a reason. I'll admit they must have been talking about the rumpless breed. But the rest of what I said holds true.

Quote:
lol.png
Love that!

lau.gif
I needed that.

Quote:
We found a simple fix for our area. We're giving away hatching eggs and hopefully chicks
fl.gif
to our local 4-Hers wanting to show Ameraucanas. I explained it to DS this way, if they then beat you, so be it, work harder on your choices and conditioning, should you need birds in the future, you'll have friends close at hand with nice stock to help you out. Besides, what's a win really worth if you don't have any competition. In any case, our local 4-Hers won't be DQed should they go on to state, not for "Wrong Breed" anyways.

Problem solved.
smile.png

Quote:
We found a simple fix for our area. We're giving away hatching eggs and hopefully chicks
fl.gif
to our local 4-Hers wanting to show Ameraucanas. I explained it to DS this way, if they then beat you, so be it, work harder on your choices and conditioning, should you need birds in the future, you'll have friends close at hand with nice stock to help you out. Besides, what's a win really worth if you don't have any competition. In any case, our local 4-Hers won't be DQed should they go on to state, not for "Wrong Breed" anyways.

Problem solved.
smile.png

Great Idea but I haven't found any breeders close to us yet. I know when my Grand daughter goes into 4-H I will be contacting a breeder to get her chicken from the thing here is that all the kids have the same type of chickens they get them at the same store and I saw a hen win best of breed that was supposed to be an Amercauna and laid a green egg and had all the wrong markings I am not sure even the judges here know what a true Amercauna looks like, Very sad

Having a terrible time getting posts to take today and have to get DD somewhere. If no one else is nearby in the KS thread, maybe we can help you out with hatching eggs or something after we get our kids here taken care of. We only have blacks and blues though.

What made me mad was the willing not to learn. If I buy something I want what I am told I am buying. She has since taken down all her auctions for eggs. People might not know but it's when they keep doing it after they do know. I have corrected my local feed stores so many times.they just don't care. It Gets them to sell. I own both amercaunas and Easter eggers love them both.

The fight is about money. The breeders that complain about the hatcherys are mad because they sell us great birds for 2.60 each and the breeders who complain about them try to get 50 bucks for 6 eggs... I got beutiful birds from a big hatchery. My guess is, they (the big hatcheries) know what there doing and have a much better selection to pick the best to breed from. Whos to say where they got there birds? Ever think they went out and got some great Ameruacanas to breed up? And the so called real breeders ar mad because the selling them cheap. I believe it, because if i were a big breeder with endless investment money, i would go out and get the best I could then do my thing and breed great birds for the people. Call them what ever you like, Easter eggers, or AmerIcanas or Ameruacanas or what ever the spelling is, there beutiful birds you can call your own for 2.60 each. Its no ones business to slam anyone for selling what they want to sell on ebay or elsewhere for that matter for what they sell it as. Just look and if your not interested or your above the seller dont buy them... who the heck do you people think you are to tell someone anything or try to edjucate them. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom