Selling chicks, best way to run it, and get the word out?

Need to search for relatively local auctions that do small animal/livestock. Make some $ on those Roos, if you grow out & sell.

I figure it out! So I weighed out all of the selling, and responsibility stuff, and decided that doing the blind selling thing was gonna be complicated. We do have a friends though, who recently started raising Ayam Cement's to sell as food. I thought, that since he buys the chicks already, and has a rooster with fertile eggs, he could give me a batch of eggs, I could incubate them of him, and give them back to him at 3-4 days old! I will do it all the time, since he is always selling, and I wont have to worry about selling them, but will still get to incubate and have chicks! Its a win win! Plus, he won have to pay for chicks, since they are his eggs!

I figure it out! So I weighed out all of the selling, and responsibility stuff, and decided that doing the blind selling thing was gonna be complicated. We do have a friends though, who recently started raising Ayam Cement's to sell as food. I thought, that since he buys the chicks already, and has a rooster with fertile eggs, he could give me a batch of eggs, I could incubate them of him, and give them back to him at 3-4 days old! I will do it all the time, since he is always selling, and I wont have to worry about selling them, but will still get to incubate and have chicks! Its a win win! Plus, he won have to pay for chicks, since they are his eggs!

If all you want are chicks then this is a good plan. Just keep in mind that there are costs to hatching chicks like electricity and your time. This might be fun to do once, but regularly might get a little burdensome. Maybe your friend could pay you back by giving you some processed ones for meat - just an idea.

He agreed to this?
How old are the birds when he sells them?
How long has he been doing this?

I wanted to sell chicks too, no one wanted them and now I’m stuck with ten more chickens I didn’t need. And I think they are all male.
Wow.10 males? don't let them in with the female chickens! Otherwise, you'll get more eggs, which equals more chickens!

Does your town have a farmer’s market? I have heard people selling there. If you know someone with a stand you could ask them. I would think a few baby chicks would draw attention to their stand because who doesn’t like cuteness and they may be able to get more customers from it and you sell chicks. I have seen people park in front of our auction barn even when it isn’t open and sell chicks pigs and other small livestock. It really depends on where you live and how many people are able to own and are into chickens. For instance Wall Street New York? No so much. Some small rural town you probably have better luck

Do not let the complications and problems discourage you from going for it. Go full blast and solve one problem when you come to it. There are many successful breeders out there, and they were not detoured by deflating comments. We wonder about things for a reason. If you keep having the desire to hatch and sale then you must go for it.

Yes! I will need all the help I can get! I am gonna get he incubator at he end of the month so I was gonna read the instructions, and answer any questions I had form that, and then post a thread out it! I will defiantly need some tips though!

Read the threads on here about dry hatching. I didn't have success until I understood that.

Back
Top Bottom