Selling eggs in GA? Or in general!

The amount of time you will spend on everything chicken (feeding care cleaning and everything else) will in no way come back to you in terms of egg sales. And you may or may not be able to re-coop (hahhah) the feed bill in egg sales, never mind what resources you've already put into them (coop etc).

I got started in chickens originally because I needed to sell "x" dollars of food produced from my property to keep our property tax exemption in place, a 40% difference, which was a BIG deal. We've since moved where no such requirement exists, but are now slaves to our flock.

If you can look at it as egg sale revenue helping you with the feed bill for your pet chickens, then you're in the right spot. And of course pay close attention to the state regulations.

The Lady I found locally for eggs, had 10 Dozen in Her refrigerator when I bought 3 dozen. I planned on giving away 1 dozen. Well she gave me a free dozen so then I had 4 dozen. All she had was 4 laying Hens and a roo.
She also had goat's milk which was totally awesome, however, She was Not licensed in the least bit.
I want Her to sell my Duck eggs and I'd sell her chicken eggs. I'm sure her chicken eggs will sell faster than my more expensive Duck eggs.

Back
Top Bottom