Selling eggs- people not paying for eggs

Was just wondering if anyone was having the same problem I’ve been having selling eggs.

Ive been selling eggs by the side of the road last year and this year. Last year was going great, selling dozens every week. I have a small container for the customers to put the money in. My sign was clearly marked $4 for eggs. One day I go out and see someone has taken the eggs but put no money… I try again the next day, same result. Someone was taking the eggs without paying. I had to stop putting the eggs out by the road.

A new year comes and the chickens are back into laying. I try again to sell by the road. My sign clearly says $5/dozen. I put 4 dozen out to sell… see 2 dozen have sold and I go get the money. There was only $5 instead of $10. I’ve put the eggs out to sell again… I’m not sure what to do at this point if someone keeps taking the eggs without paying for them. If this happens the next few times I put them out to sell I’ll have to stop selling by the road again.

Has anyone come across a problem like this? It’s very discouraging
I would set up some cameras and see what neighbor is the thief.

The economy has nothing to do with honesty.
Actually, it is a contributing factor to the increasing lawlessness that is going to get worse in the coming years. With hyperinflation about to kick in, people are already getting desperate, and it's going to get a lot worse. They're already stealing gas from gas stations, using devices to override the pumps so that they are literally pumping gas from the gas stations (usually Mom & Pop convenience store types who can least afford the loss) while the gas stations are CLOSED (North Carolina)! Florida's law enforcement just reported on arresting 4 perpetrators using the same devices, while the gas stations were open, stealing 400 gallons daily. Texas, the thieves took it directly from the underground tanks, parking a modified SUV over them and then siphoning the gas, right in broad daylight, into tanks inside the SUV... happened daily, over 4 days, before they were caught red-handed by the station manager who caught them on surveillance cameras, after realizing his inventory wasn't matching his receipts, and trying to figure out how it was being done.

People today do not have any moral absolutes anymore. There's a reason, and I'm not going to go into it, because many will not agree with me, but that's on them. They'll see for themselves, soon enough. The Word of God foretold what is going on today, more than 2,000 years ago. That should be enough for anyone to realize what is going on. Prophecy is being fulfilled right before our eyes, and people are too blind to see it.

If you want to spend the time and potential anguish you could put up a game camera or 2. See if it’s the same person(s) or if it is a rotating cast. Do they come by the same time each day, etc. Then decide if you confront the person or call LEO or ?

A few years ago a couple kids were taking eggs from a roadside honesty box and throwing them at cars over a couple weeks. They nailed my window and I chased them into a creek area. Said some things adults probably shouldn’t to kids, but they stopped.

Edit - “kids” were 15-18 year old boys.
Ooh this is a great idea. Maybe even just making a sign that says they are on camera, but not putting one up. Could be a great deterrent.

Actually, it is a contributing factor to the increasing lawlessness that is going to get worse in the coming years. With hyperinflation about to kick in, people are already getting desperate, and it's going to get a lot worse. They're already stealing gas from gas stations, using devices to override the pumps so that they are literally pumping gas from the gas stations (usually Mom & Pop convenience store types who can least afford the loss) while the gas stations are CLOSED (North Carolina)! Florida's law enforcement just reported on arresting 4 perpetrators using the same devices, while the gas stations were open, stealing 400 gallons daily. Texas, the thieves took it directly from the underground tanks, parking a modified SUV over them and then siphoning the gas, right in broad daylight, into tanks inside the SUV... happened daily, over 4 days, before they were caught red-handed by the station manager who caught them on surveillance cameras, after realizing his inventory wasn't matching his receipts, and trying to figure out how it was being done.

People today do not have any moral absolutes anymore. There's a reason, and I'm not going to go into it, because many will not agree with me, but that's on them. They'll see for themselves, soon enough. The Word of God foretold what is going on today, more than 2,000 years ago. That should be enough for anyone to realize what is going on. Prophecy is being fulfilled right before our eyes, and people are too blind to see it.
People throughout history have NEVER had moral absolutes. History shows us this. We are hardwired for self preservation and will seek that above all else as a specie. Put up a wooden box with a hole in it and affix a sign that says this stand is being monitored. That will help people rethink their moral absolutes.

I have box on street. Neighbors constantly walking dogs etc. I had ONE theft 2 years ago and one where they took the whole darn cooler!!! Now I have a box with cooler inside. They’d have to be there a few minutes to get into both boxes and would be noticed. I agree with person who said move it closer to house if possible with signs and as suggested try to get people to reserve and be regulars. I did not notice the E was missing on sign. All fixed now tho!

Attachments

• 1A23C9BD-FA03-465B-9F34-1AF2915458F8.jpeg
    1A23C9BD-FA03-465B-9F34-1AF2915458F8.jpeg
    644.5 KB · Views: 8
  • E7585308-2A33-42E0-A3BB-9E5E01F625B2.jpeg
    E7585308-2A33-42E0-A3BB-9E5E01F625B2.jpeg
    771.9 KB · Views: 8

Amen!

I often purchase honey from a farmstand advertised along a highway. Several products are on a porch shelf. A small table is next to it. It always $5, $10 & $20 in it. I always make sure I have the correct cash as I don't even feel I should make my own change. I feel privileged to be able to purchase their products. I hope all their customers feel the same way.

I advertise my eggs for sale on the app called Nextdoor. I give out my mobile cell number. When potential customers contact me, I have them come to my front door to get the eggs. I keep record of their name and cell number. Next time I have an over abundance of eggs, I text all my past customers. Within 24 hours, all the eggs are sold out. During pandemic, customers who contacted me left the egg money in my mailbox on my porch and their eggs sat in a grocery bag on the same porch. I never had one person steal the eggs. It worked out great.

Back
Top Bottom