Selling fertilized eggs...

Quote:
HUH? If I could sell all my mixed eggs for $10. a dozen, I'd get rich! I am thinkin' you would be lucky to make half that much. I just sell mine for eating eggs ... same eggs that could hatch. I don't even get $2. a dozen. The first eggs I ever hatched came from the local Farmer's Market, for $1.50 a dozen. (AND, if I recall correctly, I hatched 27 of 30).

Personally, if I were to spend that much, I would look for pure eggs, not mixes.

Good luck!

I don't think she is selling mixed breeds, just mixed colors.

Just to name a few:
You could can house B/B/S together (Black, Blue and Splash)
Whites need to be penned separately
Buffs should have their own pen
Lavender's you could pen with Lavender's and Blacks

JMO I would say around $6-8 a dozen for pet quality. Plus shipping.

"Right to Show" is a legal term/agreement usually for animals that have pedigrees.

Say I have a great horse breeding program, and I sell you one of my colts - I can either giver you, the buyer the 'right to show' the horse that I bred or I can withhold that in our sales contract. If I keep that right, you, the buyer, are not legally allowed to show the hose, and any number of things can happen, pending what else is in the sales contract (I might stipulate that if you do show the awesome horse I bred, your ownership is forfeit, or the prize money is mine, or whatever...).

What the hatchery probably sent the OP is pretty much the same as my example above. They are forfeiting the 'right to show' and no longer have any legal influence those particular silikies.

I will throw my lot in with everyone else who cautions that hatchery stock is not good for breeding/selling, and are good for layers or pets. Best of luck to the OP.

Last edited:
Standard legal boilerplate as far as I know. I can't find anything on google about McMurray + "right to show" myself, but I bet if I check old receipts, it will have that as well.

Something legal probably happened at some point and now that's standard procedure for them.

I am pretty sure what they are talking about is a Pullorum Certificate.

MMM sales this for $1.00 .

They state" Please send Pullorum Certificate?
If you plan to show these chicks, then you may need a Pullorum Certificate. Check the checkbox and we'll include one. A one dollar ($1.00) service charge will be added to your order". ..

That is my guess
roll.png

Last edited:
A Pullorum Certificate has nothing to do with 'right to show' - it's a certificate that those birds have been vaccinated against Pullorum and Typhoid.

Quote:
I completely understand that but MM states that if you want to show you will need this certificate so I was gussing that was what they were talking about.MM state's it like you need it to show as I copied from their page.Probably just a way to sell more pullorum certificates I am sure.

Last edited:
Quote:
HUH? If I could sell all my mixed eggs for $10. a dozen, I'd get rich! I am thinkin' you would be lucky to make half that much. I just sell mine for eating eggs ... same eggs that could hatch. I don't even get $2. a dozen. The first eggs I ever hatched came from the local Farmer's Market, for $1.50 a dozen. (AND, if I recall correctly, I hatched 27 of 30).

Personally, if I were to spend that much, I would look for pure eggs, not mixes.

Good luck!

They're not mixed eggs...just the color of the Silkies.

Back
Top Bottom