Selling mallards question?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Randy, Nov 22, 2010.

  1. Randy

    Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

    Mar 12, 2009
    Do you have to have a USFW pemit to raise and sell mallards?
  2. KansasKid

    KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

    Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    no. there are a widely domesticated bird so unless you have taken them from the wild (which is illegal anyway unless you have a special permit) you don't have to have one.
    If you do ever start raising any other migratory waterfowl, you don't have to have the (i think $70) permit just to raise them. If your just going to raise them for your own personal use the only thing your required to have is the FWS Form 3-186 which is the transport permit that the seller will give to you when purchasing them and they must be properly marked (toe clipped, id bands etc).

    you can't sell them or give them away without the permit.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by