Selling turkey eggs

buttnugget2017

Hatching
Feb 2, 2023
I'm starting to sell my tukey eggs along with my chicken eggs since eggs in stores are going up. How much should I charge for a dozen of turkey eggsm

I'm starting to sell my tukey eggs along with my chicken eggs since eggs in stores are going up. How much should I charge for a dozen of turkey eggsm
Duck eggs are usually twice the price of chicken eggs. I would guess three times what you charge for your turkey eggs.

Now if you really want to get into the details, figure out how much you're spending on feed, time to take care of them, monetize that and add a margin for profit.

Wow! I had not thought they would go for that much!

I never really sold turkey eggs, I usually always put them in the incubator. I have in the past given some of my regular chicken egg customers a turkey egg or two in their chicken egg carton if they wanted to try them. And one year when I was tired of hatching, I started selling turkey eggs for hatching. But I think I was only charging $1/egg or $10 for a dozen.

If I were going to sell my goose eggs, for sure those would be $3 each. When I had ducks, I priced their eggs at $5 a dozen. This year I am raising my chicken eggs to $5/dozen, so I guess if I still had ducks, I would raise those too.

I may have to consider hatching fewer turkeys this year and selling eggs instead.

Back
Top Bottom