Send prayers please: parents have had a house fire.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by hje007, Feb 16, 2016.

1. hje007

hje007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2015
    SW Pennsylvania
    I hate that this is my first real posting here. I just know there are good people on this site after lurking for a year. My family needs prayer. My parent's house caught fire at 2am est. Everyone including the pets got out fine and my parents actually put the fire out with a garden hose before the fire company arrived so the house is just damaged. Praise God though that my Dad was home (he works 5pm-2am)they have no smoke detectors and my mom and the pets would not have made it if he had not been there getting ready for bed. Just pray for us because I know the next who knows how long is going to be a difficult emotional rollercoaster. Thank you.

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Father, we thank you for the blessing of this family being safe. We ask you to continue putting your hand on them in the coming weeks as they deal with the aftermath of the fire. Guide them and keep them safe. Let others see how this is part of your plan. In Jesus name amen.

1 person likes this.
  3. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

You will definitely be included in prayers today, @hje007 . My heart goes out to you and your family during this time of difficulty, especially since there will be a lot of rebuilding involved, materially and emotionally. God's hand was upon you in that your loved ones and their beloved pets got out unharmed, which is a priceless blessing. Just know that you have people out there who care deeply and will, without a doubt, be praying for your situation.

Lord Jesus, please shower this family with Your love and let them know that You are right there beside them the entire way. Give them divine peace to cope with what happened last night and to take the next steps. We can't be more grateful for the gift of protection on those who were in the house. In Jesus Name we pray, amen.

Lots of love,
    -Alex

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  4. hje007

hje007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2015
    SW Pennsylvania
    Thank you for your prayers. The house is structurally sound, the insurance adjustor is on his way. One whole room is an entire loss and a restoration crew will have to clean everything in the place. My mom's cats knocked the desk chair over in front of the natural gas fireplace and my dad's coat was hanging on it drying out. The coat and chair lit on the open flame and caught the carpet, all the boots in front of the fireplace and the mantle on fire. I am amazed that they put it out themselves. They are very shaken and probably need more prayer for their emotional states. Stuff is just stuff. People and pets cannot be replaced.

5. Hholly

Hholly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2015
    Amo, IN
    I'm glad they all got out alright. Hope their recovery from this goes easy.

6. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

You're so welcome, but it's the least we can do. You have come to right place for prayer, since there is an overwhelming number of wonderful folks here who are more than willing. [​IMG]

-Alex

7. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Know that many people read a message without leaving a
    response.

And in that, have faith that more people than you are praying
    for family. I know that I've been on the receiving end of this
    groups prayers more than a few times myself.

I'll add a few words for your family tonight...

1 person likes this.
  8. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Thankfully, everyone is safe. You're right...stuff is stuff but you can't replace the people or animals we care about. I hope the rebuild process goes smoothly.

9. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    I am glad everyone was ok. I will pray for you. Welcome to BYC.

10. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    How are your parents doing hje007?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by