Sending cookies

cknmom

Songster
12 Years
Apr 10, 2007
Dickson TN
As I have mentioned , our DD left for Afghanistan last month. I am going to make her up a box this week. I am making her favorite peanut butter balls, usually I only make them for Christmas. I also wanted to make some cookies. I know many of you have had and do have loved ones deployed, I know some cookies do not travel well and things like choc. chips will melt over there, so I wanted some suggestions on what types of cookies you all have had success in sending. I have a vacuum sealer that I will be using also.

Also if you have any suggestions in things that she probably needs that would be great too.

Thanks, Monica

Does she like oatmeal cookies? If they arrive soft from heat and moisture, they are the still good, and if they get a little on the hard side, you can dip them in milk.
smile.png
They have milk there?

I'm sure she'll appreciate anything you send her, and most likely share among the others too.

I would love to do something, my cousins husband was deployed 2 months ago but they dont want anyone to send anything. Have you thought about maybe some of us could send cookies and sweets for them? Anyone interested in something like that? I do understand though some dont want to give out the address.

maybe something like sugar cookies or snicker doodles? Or maybe coconut maccaroons? I know short bread cookies keep very well too.

Give you dd my best and thank her for what she is doing for our country.

Snickerdoodles were her favorite when she was little, I forgot about that!! Thanks for the suggestions, I just made oatmeal, choc.chip, pecan cookies Sat.

I will send on your thanks

If you want to send something you can email me and I will give you the address. I know she will appreciate it, I am terrible at sending letters and packages and she is missing her DH and children terribly right now.

Monica

I'm a member of Soldiers Angels and Any Soldier and have sent more cookies than I can count. I individually wrap them in wax paper then seal them in an air tight container. As for chocolate chip I send them anyway. Any real chocoholic will eat them melted or not.

When DH was in the Navy he said they'd eat chocolate bars on the flight deck when it was 140 F. I asked weren't they super melted and he said "yep we used to drink them but man were they good"

Monica have you thought of signing her up with Soldiers Angels and or anysoldier.com? That way she will get letters and care packages from people back in the States and it will make it a little easier on you.

Back
Top Bottom