sending some birds for necropsy....

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I finally got in touch with the dept. of ag, and the woman is going to meet me somewhere next week to either take some blood samples or some birds to the lab for necropsy. So now I guess I need to figure out which ones I want killed to find out
hit.gif

This so sucks!! I think I'll just quit having chickens. If I have to cull my whole flock, I don't know what I'll do!!
hit.gif

I'm so sorry!
hugs.gif

Hopefully they can just take a few blood samples and find out what's going on with your flock. We all have rough patches, I recently had to cull several quail due to deformation & illness. Keep your head up, it's all a part of the "business".

aww Shelley! i am really so sorry you are dealing with this! this is my worst nightmare! i feel so bad for you!
hugs.gif
hit.gif

Shelley I'm so sorry to hear of your situation however know that getting tested is the best thing to do. You need to know what this is in order to know what to do about it. Hold some hope that it's one of the treatable things. Meanwhile please be very careful about bio-security. Use boots in your coop and pens that do not go anywhere else but, and do not allow any birds or eggs to leave your property till you know. Go to places that people that have birds also go only in clean clothes before you care for your birds that day.

Been in your shoes, with isolation, it's lots of extra work, but it's the right thing to do. ((((hugs))))

Back
Top Bottom