separate enclosures?

Billy-jean

Songster
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
I am posting a lot these days on my geese! Bare with me!

ok,now I'm not sure I want to seperate them from my other birds...I was told that they will be fine with my 4 ducks and 4 hens. Is this true? I don't want to lose anyone,or have any fights ect.. I have built a separate enclosure but now am wondering if I really have to do that? I would prefer to keep everyone together in the area I have,,they all have their own night enclosures separate,and a lot of room during the day. I don't know what to do! I let the geese out for a few hours every day for grazing,so they aren't always in the enclosure...any thoughts would be appreciated :)

I am posting a lot these days on my geese! Bare with me!

ok,now I'm not sure I want to seperate them from my other birds...I was told that they will be fine with my 4 ducks and 4 hens. Is this true? I don't want to lose anyone,or have any fights ect.. I have built a separate enclosure but now am wondering if I really have to do that? I would prefer to keep everyone together in the area I have,,they all have their own night enclosures separate,and a lot of room during the day. I don't know what to do! I let the geese out for a few hours every day for grazing,so they aren't always in the enclosure...any thoughts would be appreciated :)
I have 2 geese gander and goose and 13 Muscovies and 24 chickens which are all together during the day time to roam then at night they all have their own sleeping quaters. they all respect each others space too.

Beeliz, I have 19 african geese free ranging with my 9 ducks (and 4 horses). I have not had a single problem. However, I have plenty of space, as well as numerous watering holes & feeding areas. I imagine if I put them into a pen or fed/watered from a limited area, there would be serious issues.

Back
Top Bottom