September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Looks like the month of hatching has come for me my goose is sitting on 14 eggs my Turkey is sitting on 14 goose eggs and my Plymouth is sitting on 15 eggs so excited babies everywhere
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png

Oh man. Distressing to see this bit about sanding. One more thing to worry about! I think my eggs aren't as dark as some. Pretty easy to see inside but I have a major lumen led flashlight. But thanks for the info. I'll try not to get worried if I don't see any action before day 21.

No don't worry about it..just letting folks know, that some will sand the egg shell down a bit just right at lock down because most of the shells really do get hard. Thick I guess? Shouldn't hurt them at all just at lock down, in fact, I would think it would give them the oxygen they need. Will see if I can find anything on it.

I'm sorry I meant English game. She knows what kind mine are. Lol thanks for catching that though.

Not everyone realizes that there is more than one kind of bantam. My mother happens to be one of them. Try as I might, she still insists that they are all the same breed regardless of how different they may look.

Lol I know of the old English game and the American game. Other than those two I know they're are mixes. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what my bantam hen "is". I can send you a pic. My lil English game and whatever she is look just like Gitas mix. So darn cute!

Oh man. Distressing to see this bit about sanding. One more thing to worry about! I think my eggs aren't as dark as some. Pretty easy to see inside but I have a major lumen led flashlight. But thanks for the info. I'll try not to get worried if I don't see any action before day 21.

Ok, I looked and looked, and I can't find anything on the sanding of eggs. I know I saw it..somewhere..maybe yrs. ago thinking...so, go to this site I found. There are a lot of folks talking about humidity. Then there is a guy that comes in and talks about the Marans genetics. Hmmm...but, if you want, skip those posts, and there are a lot on this thread talking about hatching them. Are your eggs shipped? People don't usually expect a high hatch from shipped eggs..can happen though, I've had some good ones, but mostly in the 30 to 50% range. If they are your own, or from someone local, your chances of having a good hatch of course is a lot higher. Air sacs in tact! I hope this helps, sorry, didn't mean to scare you. I know I read that a couple of different times. So now, I will keep looking......because it's bugging me! lol.....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/957004/incubator-humidity-for-french-black-copper-marans-eggs/60

I am always on a computer, if you are using a phone, I can't help! Don't have the fancy cell phone with all the bells and whistles. Us old folks love our flip phones. lol..

Back
Top Bottom