September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Two olive egger babies from the bator that was unplugged for 12 hours!! The other fluffy butt is still in the bator waiting for her *hopefully* sister to hatch.

Phew! I'm a newbie to BYC, based in England, and am following all of your hatching stories with great interest and hope
fl.gif

I came back from holiday in August to find my sweet 7 month old RhodeRock (Black Rock/Mrs Pepperpot) brooding on a mixed clutch of 10 eggs, so I'm an accidental joiner to the September Hatch-a-long
frow.gif
I 'think' they're due on around 8th, but it depends when she started sitting (the eggs were already hot and she was sitting when I got back from holiday on the 20th Aug). All eggs (I hope) fertilised by my buff-laced Polish roo, Fluffernutter (also an accidental addition to my flock of hens...see profile pic). So who knows what will result, as my hens are:
1 Splash Polish - 3 eggs
1 RhodeRock - 3 eggs
1 similar to ISA warren/brown-type ex-batt hen - 4 eggs

Beyond excited to see if our RhodeRock can hatch any little chicks
pop.gif
love.gif

Welcome to the hatch-a-long!
frow.gif

It only shows up on my iPad sometimes. I either hit reply,quote or post a reply. At the bottom there's a mobile and desktop button. Try that? It's frustrating. When you do see several icons appear,it's a square with mountains and a sun/moon dot. Click and go to upload.
So as previously stated,here is a pic of our bantam hen,Bella. Junebuggena do you have any idea what kind she is? Daddy,Oliver, is an old English game. And here are a couple pics of their two babies,Sable and Andy. They resemble Gitabooks new baby!

Oops out of order...oh well.
263a.png

Last edited:
I'm a bit behind to quote everything, so I'll just say congrats to all the new babies! And continued luck to everyone! Such cute pics! I'm locked down and looking for pips, none yet though. Won't actually be day 20 for a few more hours, I'm just being impatient!

[COLOR=333333]Purchased 15 Silver Grey Dorking hatching eggs 8/21. At day 10, culled 8 due to being infertile. Have had to cull another 2 since then due to stopping growth/infection/bacteria. 1 of the eggs is noticeably larger than the others and is not as advanced inside as the others... It's at about half the growth of what everyone else is at. I'm thinking it may be a stray turkey egg... or who knows. Either way, I think I have 5 SG eggs (and 1 turkey) that are good so far (out of the original 15). I'm currently on day 13.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]I had heard about the infertility rates of Dorkings, but now I'm getting a close up lesson on it. Anyway, wish me luck on the last half of incubation with my babies. With blessing, they'll hatch on my birthday (9/11)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Have an order in at Sandhill for White and Colored Dorkings. Should get my confirmation letter this week letting me know when I'll be getting those.[/COLOR]

Well, day 16 and had one internally pip yesterday. Strange. So I've upped the humidity and am very quick when turning the other eggs but have put that one aside in the incubator, not in my egg turner anymore. May have an early chicky. We'll see.

Cute photos and yes, welcome to the newbies.

I can't believe that tomorrow will be my last day turning. Tues. is lock down, still have 5 moving silkie babies. Three really porous ones didn't even start. :/

It only shows up on my iPad sometimes. I either hit reply,quote or post a reply. At the bottom there's a mobile and desktop button. Try that? It's frustrating. When you do see several icons appear,it's a square with mountains and a sun/moon dot. Click and go to upload.
So as previously stated,here is a pic of our bantam hen,Bella. Junebuggena do you have any idea what kind she is? Daddy,Oliver, is an old English game. And here are a couple pics of their two babies,Sable and Andy. They resemble Gitabooks new baby!

Oops out of order...oh well.
263a.png

They are so cute!

Yeah, Bella looks to be an Old English Game Bantam. Dutch bantams appear similar but are far more rare.

Back
Top Bottom