September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

I'm mid hatch with one CLB chick and still have 2 eggs more to hatch in this batch. Then a break to the end of the week and my Birchen Marans will all being well start to hatch fingers crossed.

I always like to give mine an extra chance. If they are still clear by day 15 then you can crack them open.
X2...By day 15 it will def be apparent who has developed and who has not. Just make sure you smell them and watch for oozing of the pores. Last thing you want in your incubator is a bacteria bomb. I have never had that experience but i have had oozers before. Best of luck and congrats!

Meanwhile the joke is that the coop when done is going to be nicer than our house and my mom wants to move in there with the chickens. I told her only if she manages to lay an egg. ;P
Good luck with your coop. Ventilation is the key to coop building & the chickens don't care about square and level but when you go to move it...you might! My boyfriend and I have built about 5 coops and 4 brooders since November. So, we are getting really good at the coop design and build thing. However, we moved, so now we are in the process of figuring out how to get out flock down here. What started off as a failed hatch for me has turned into a chicken farm & hatching obsession. Including NPIP certification and a stand to sell eggs...lol

My first little svart hona is due tomorrow...he's not looking so good...but, you never know they run towards the end of day 21 for me. I have ten set and they will be staggered hatches. I only have the cabinet running as my other two incubators crapped out on me. The bottom of it was designed as a hatcher but it doesn't have anything in the literature about the staggered hatch. I incubate with humidity around 50% and usually run to 60% but will be hatching at 50% humidity this time. However, with the blue isbars earlier last week...they didn't even wait for me to pull them out of the turners! So, who knows!

So far I haven't killed them! YAYness! :D

He is moving less than he was yesterday though. Do they kick around less as they get older? That, or he may have been snoozing...

Wow! That's a great pic! Congrats!

X2...By day 15 it will def be apparent who has developed and who has not. Just make sure you smell them and watch for oozing of the pores. Last thing you want in your incubator is a bacteria bomb. I have never had that experience but i have had oozers before. Best of luck and congrats!

Maybe THAT's what happened to my first run of eggs. There was an oozer in there. I pulled it out when I noticed, but it may have damaged the others by then.

Guinea hatch experiment update. I have seven healthy keets. Thought I was done but last night two more hatched and greeted me this morning. An hour later there was another one and two more eggs pipped and cheeping. This is crazy! I have homes for all of them and need to get my brooder empty by this weekend for -hopefully- my marans eggs to hatch.

Guinea hatch experiment update. I have seven healthy keets. Thought I was done but last night two more hatched and greeted me this morning. An hour later there was another one and two more eggs pipped and cheeping. This is crazy! I have homes for all of them and need to get my brooder empty by this weekend for -hopefully- my marans eggs to hatch.

Awesome! Keets are so cute!

One egg is pipped, and several eggs are cheeping and rocking. I really hope that the hen doesn't decide to hurt them as they hatch.

Best of luck with your hatching.
thumbsup.gif
I find my broodies to be awesome mommas.

My first little svart hona is due tomorrow...he's not looking so good...but, you never know they run towards the end of day 21 for me. I have ten set and they will be staggered hatches. I only have the cabinet running as my other two incubators crapped out on me. The bottom of it was designed as a hatcher but it doesn't have anything in the literature about the staggered hatch. I incubate with humidity around 50% and usually run to 60% but will be hatching at 50% humidity this time. However, with the blue isbars earlier last week...they didn't even wait for me to pull them out of the turners! So, who knows!

Best of luck! I can't wait for pictures.
pop.gif

I'm mid hatch with one CLB chick and still have 2 eggs more to hatch in this batch. Then a break to the end of the week and my Birchen Marans will all being well start to hatch fingers crossed.

Birchen Marans, sounds like an awesome color. Hope to see some pictures of them!

Back
Top Bottom