September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Last hatch of 2015 is over. 6 out of 7 hatched. #7 died in the shell, it was malpositioned. Overall pretty good, 5 blue Jersey Giants and 1 splash JG.

Congrats everyone on their hatches!
jumpy.gif

@Gloryjasmine
Well what are ya waiting for? I do so wish you could/would come up and meet all my crazy birds and fur babies and my DH2B

Um........ I'll explain in our pm's!!! Trust me......we'll figure out a way to meet someday!
263a.png
263a.png
263a.png
Y'all could always come down here and meet me,my hublet,our cats,goats and chickiedoos! Oh and the quackers! Lol

I've got some Splash chicks. I have some from a Blue Jersey Giant over a Blue Copper colored Baked Beck hen. I think they may develop some red on them as they mature.

I also have a Blue Copper Naked Neck rooster that I have over Blue Wheaten and Splash hens.

Their kind of mixed together now but I think I'll be able to tell as the get older.

Last edited:
We lost one of the broody hen's chicks tonight. For a first time momma, I guess 5 chicks were too many for her to keep track of. One died, mostly likely from getting chilled while exploring the run. I sold three today, so she now only has a single chick to look after. The chick that couldn't stand properly is still alive and cheeping. I've been giving her sugar water and chick feed mixed with water every 2 hours during the day. She seems stronger and more alert, but isn't walking yet.

Okay no problem Hun look forward to the long story. Ya know this would be a good time of year to come up all of our orchards are opening up.

Eggy update. Nothing still think it's about time to pull them but we candled last night and the two undersized ones I swear have grown. But no movement or cheaping. Though I saw vessels but not sure they third egg was very obviously icky and removed. What to do what to do? I know the odd are like zero percent but I hat to give up on them ya know? Help?! Someone come eggtopsy these eggs for me idk if I can do these two. This hatch is just :( stupid idjit sending eggs that might not to have been. Thought for sure I would get at least one chick from the 21 eggs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom