September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

I learned a lot during my first incubation process. It was exciting, yet painful.

Final count 7 out of 9. They all
Have yellow dots on their heads and 2 are little miracles.

My second day of hatching was hard. I had one that unfortunately had a shell from another hatched chick, covering its pip hole. I don't know long it had been there, but after being up most of the night, I lost it.

My last egg still had movement, but no pip. It was a day overdo, so I opened it and sadly, it was shrink-wrapped. It died a few minutes after I got through the membrane.

I didn't think I would get this sad, but I feel like they were my babies and I wish I could've done more to save them.

I learned a lot during my first incubation process. It was exciting, yet painful.

Final count 7 out of 9. They all
Have yellow dots on their heads and 2 are little miracles.

My second day of hatching was hard. I had one that unfortunately had a shell from another hatched chick, covering its pip hole. I don't know long it had been there, but after being up most of the night, I lost it.

My last egg still had movement, but no pip. It was a day overdo, so I opened it and sadly, it was shrink-wrapped. It died a few minutes after I got through the membrane.

I didn't think I would get this sad, but I feel like they were my babies and I wish I could've done more to save them.
Don't beat yourself up too much, death happens to all of us. As long as I've had poultry, I have never had a perfect hatch. Best of luck to you.

Welcome to the hatch a long wornoutmomto3!!! Of course you can join! We're glad to have you. These are the greatest group of friends in the entire BYC. Very knowledgeable and very helpful. Enjoy being a part of our thread!!!
1f618.png

Last edited:
Ohhh so precious. Does Santos have bantam in him??? He looks exactly like my two pure bantam chicks,Sable and Andy.

Yep, Santos is half Dalmatian and half Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantam. He is one of the most beautiful chicks I have ever seen, the silver on his head is just amazing. I'm going to be finding them new homes, since we don't have the space for them. I just have to wait for the two late chicks to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom