September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Congratulations everyone on the new chicky poos! So excited for everyone. Tomorrow is day 21 on the Buttercup eggs so worried about them. Still nothing. Not a peep or a wiggle. Their air cells look pretty small to me a bit worried about that but humidity has only been in the 20s except the first two to three days when they were in lockdown with the oegb eggs. Really worried I might not get a single Buttercup from DH2Bs sweet gift. Drat! What'll I do?

Last edited:
Congratulations everyone on the new chicky poos! So excited for everyone. Tomorrow is day 21 on the Buttercup eggs so worried about them. Still nothing. Not a peep or a wiggle. Their air cells look pretty small to me a bit worried about that but humidity has only been in the 20s except the first two to three days when they were in lockdown with the oegb eggs. Really worried I might not get a single Buttercup from DH2Bs sweet gift. Drat! What'll I do?

I've had some hatch on day 23. Just hang in there

11 baby quail hatched yesterday evening and thru the night.
Cleaning out the hatcher and moving in the next group of chicks and quail to hatch. the 14 and then will be adding the other batch of chicks due on the 16.
Will be setting another group of eggs to replace the eggs going to the hatcher . Looks like they will hatch on Oct 1.

Awe that's too bad. I'm in Gilbert, AZ and the temps have been outrageous and I wouldn't trust shipped to not have been cooked at some point. I only have 3 hatches under my belt and I know I'm too inexperienced to hatch shipped (to the desert of all places). There's no eggs here. So I bought 3 dozen fertile eggs from Whole Foods. Chandler, AZ. They were $3.99. At least you can perfect your incubator. Good luck
1f340.png

Yeah. Might have found someone in Queen Creek with fertile hatching eggs. If so, I'll give it another shot.

To everyone else: Thanks for the advice! I'll give it until this evening and see what's up. I might have at least 1. I swear there was a crack in a shell this morning that wasn't there yesterday.

One of my chickens got out of there chicken coop and my dog got to it I got there just in time before my dog can do real damage . All my dog did was took off all the feathers off the bottom of my chicken and she's still young about 5 mouths old and I washed her off with water and put her in a towel and after about 10 minutes she closed her eyes and stopped moving and I don't know what to do in holding her in a towel right now and I was wonder if she went into shock and what do I do ?

One of my chickens got out of there chicken coop and my dog got to it I got there just in time before my dog can do real damage . All my dog did was took off all the feathers off the bottom of my chicken and she's still young about 5 mouths old and I washed her off with water and put her in a towel and after about 10 minutes she closed her eyes and stopped moving and I don't know what to do in holding her in a towel right now and I was wonder if she went into shock and what do I do ?

After my turkey was attacked, he slept for like two whole days, i think the shock and the recovery, dont give up or get too down!

Is your hygrometer accurate? 20's is low to have small air cells... Have your temps been low? Low temps usually delay hatching. Good luck! I really want to see those buttercups!

Yes...and a lot already on the ground! While some are layer flock replacers, others are Heritage lines and some are for the freezer. Hubby just rolls his eyes, but enjoys the fresh eggs and yummy meals.
Congrats on the cute chicks. and Lovely quilt!

Thank you! My mother started that quilt before she passed away, and I'm going to finish quilting it. My sewing room has become my brooder/incubator room, so it looked like a nice backdrop for chicky pics.
smile.png

11 baby quail hatched yesterday evening and thru the night.
Cleaning out the hatcher and moving in the next group of chicks and quail to hatch. the 14 and then will be adding the other batch of chicks due on the 16.
Will be setting another group of eggs to replace the eggs going to the hatcher . Looks like they will hatch on Oct 1.

Busy, busy, busy! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom