September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

@GitaBooks
Thank you for that link! It's completely make sense! My little guy was an almost 3 day long assisted patch and he has the shortest legs we've ever seen! I have no doubt that left to nature he would not have made it out of the shell. In fact he sometimes flips over on his back and needs assistance getting right side up again because his legs are pretty much useless. But because he is with us all the time, we are always there to help him. We were wondering if it was a Sarama thing or just ours bc we've never seen anything like it before. But is stubby legs and your seafood just make him all that much more endearing to us. Lol

@GitaBooks
Thank you for that link! It's completely make sense! My little guy was an almost 3 day long assisted patch and he has the shortest legs we've ever seen! I have no doubt that left to nature he would not have made it out of the shell. In fact he sometimes flips over on his back and needs assistance getting right side up again because his legs are pretty much useless. But because he is with us all the time, we are always there to help him. We were wondering if it was a Sarama thing or just ours bc we've never seen anything like it before. But is stubby legs and your seafood just make him all that much more endearing to us. Lol

I'm glad he hatched, with some assistance he should strengthen up, though he may always be slow and have trouble walking. Electrolytes help a lot for weak chicks.

And just like that there are 5 out with 1 more pip and egg #7 peeping.

Awesome!

@NanaKat
The Colombian wyandotte chick is it silverfish or not?

I have been doing research and think some of them may be silver spangled hamburgs has anyone raised this breed or heard anything about them? Going from Meyers' to McMurray's websites and both sites say different things about them but they seem to have a lot of favorable reviews.

@Gloryjasmine
Well Hunny I'm sorry if Brenna does turn out to be a roo. You know where to come if she is a he. We are planning on posting two buff orps this week on craigslist and I still have silkies if you want though I'm no longer sure about any of their sexes lol. Also I'll be getting those chicks Friday and I may let you take a couple of them once I figure out what breeds I actually have and how many of each. Still hoping for a Blue Andalusian but I'm starting to wonder. Not knowing is killing me, I must! find out! Lol

I'd be up there in a minute if I could!!!! Just for Silkies alone!!!!! I can't stand seeing all the cute pictures and not having any of my own. Plus I just wanna meet you and give you a big ole hug!!!! And Italian kisses! Lol cheek to cheek...
1f48b.png
1f48b.png

Here are 5 of the 27 Naked Necked chicks that have hatched so far.

It is a little dark but couldn't get a better shot. I'll get more pictures tomorrow. I just seen that you can't see all five. But they are there.

I have a total of 54 pulled from the hatcher.
27 Naked Necked
27 fully feathered.

More still hatching.

Back
Top Bottom