September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

You guys.....my hens aren't getting better fast enough!!! Am I supposed to be giving a penicillin shot daily? I thought it was strong enough to be given just once. But apparently not.
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
Should I look around for another aforementioned antibiotic? Help me please. This is our first sickness. I'm so discouraged. Again,I know this isn't the right thread. But I trust y'all. Maybe I'll post in emergency/disease as well? Thanks guys. God bless.

The first of my Birchen Maran eggs have hatched early on day 18 I wasn't expecting it for a day or two yet, and they were to go into lock down tonight, It's one big healthy active chick. I've another one who's talking but still has to pip and a 3rd who's very active inside its egg. The 4th egg is still not making much noise etc. Anyhow eggs 2, 3 n 4 are now in lock down in the bator n the chicks drying off in the 2nd bator and running around peeping a lot. I'll put this one in the brooder in a while. I've only x4 eggs that have proved viable out of the original 20 due to them being imported eggs. Fingers crossed the 3 remaining eggs hatch well as these are the first Birchen Marans over here.
That's the worst part of incubating shipped eggs...You just never know if you will have any hatches...:( Glad you have a few though!

I have one which was great earlier and than I came in from outside and it was on its back. It has bouts of rapid breathing so I fear it won't make it. But have my fingers crossed thank you for asking.
Unfortunately, a chicken on it's back is never a good sign. Poor lil thing.

You guys.....my hens aren't getting better fast enough!!! Am I supposed to be giving a penicillin shot daily? I thought it was strong enough to be given just once. But apparently not.
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
Should I look around for another aforementioned antibiotic? Help me please. This is our first sickness. I'm so discouraged. Again,I know this isn't the right thread. But I trust y'all. Maybe I'll post in emergency/disease as well? Thanks guys. God bless.
I have no luck with trying to heal my sick birds. i would def post in the Emergency thread as well.

No external pips, but i hear cheeping!
That's always a good sign!!!

Back
Top Bottom