September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Nice. Lots of cute chicks everyone!
1f424.png
1f414.png
1f423.png

Well it's day 21. Not even a wiggle in my last two eggs that were the only ones out of 3 dozen Whole Foods eggs to develop. I'm calling it a total fail. I will try again once I get a fan.I need eggs!! I'm in Arizona. Anyone know where I can get eggs? I can't afford shipped eggs.
ask on AZ forum.

Oh my gosh these little chicks are so stinkin cute they're very brave compared to my first chicks they run up to me when I come in and want to be held and loved on my other chicks were just always scared
Pasty bottom has been a problem and on one of the chicks where the umbilical vessels were it still looks a little red and inflamed so I've just been making sure that I wash the poop off second step on their bottom

:hit. So I just wanted to update all of you guys that assisted me with my two sick hens. Wilson is out of the woods. She is doing wonderfully. I'm very relieved. On the other hand....Brenna was so so sick. She continued to just get worse. (She had a very thick mucous in her mouth and nose. She struggled to breathe. She made a loud goose-like noise. And there was this stinky matted funk on her inner feathers. She smelled like a nasty,wet dog. She still remained one of the sweetest hens I've ever had. Too bad the meds weren't enough. ) I hated seeing her suffer. And my husband and I decided that for her sake and the safety of the flock,to send her to heaven to be with Hope. So as I write,I'm in tears. I have never culled a chicken. The only way I was comfortable with was using my .22. One shot,one kill. Instant. No suffering. Its devastating to me,but I know it was necessary. I will NEVER ever get chickens from just any ole someone!!!! And not separate them at first..... Stupid on my part. I'm praying that no other bird gets sick. The water is medicated. Would y'all please pray with me? Thank you again for all the advice.

@Gloryjasmine
I'm so sorry Hunny that you lost Brenna I'm praying with you and I know it doesn't make it easier but you did what was right for her and she's not suffering any more and I am so glad that you didn't lose Wilson too. I'm sending you hugs upon hugs Hun.

So sorry for you having to go through that. Its a horrible thing, but part of being a chicken keeper. I'm glad that you were able to do what was right by her, and not let her suffer any more. Hugs and prayers sweetie.

Chickendreams24: Thank you my sweet. That means the world to me. I need the encouragement! That's what I was saying aloud as I was walking her out into the woods. And praying for the courage to do it. And asking God to direct my shaking hand. I also told her how much I love her and that that was why I was sending her home. I believe God entrusts us with these precious animals. And sometimes making these hard,but necessary decisions are a part of it. They come with the territory. You are such a blessing to me. Thank you for all of the cyber hugs!!!! Im returning them to you double!!!
274c.png
2b55.png
274c.png
2b55.png
274c.png
2b55.png
274c.png
2b55.png
274c.png
2b55.png
2764.png

Back