September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

I think it is! lol I get the pics from my sister I'm sitting at work and she is home. She keeps telling me there are no pips yet. O man I would love to see nr 3 hatched when I get home in an hour.

fl.gif

Ok so I have 5 out of 6 eggs hatching on day 22 (lost one chick it pipped internally but died still not sure what went wrong)

First pip was at 19:00 last night

First chick hatched at 06:33 this morning (this was the second egg to pip) look at those eyes

Cheering on the other chick hatching

2nd chick to hatch a bit bigger than the first one this was around 08:00 this morning

3 eggs to go they have not pipped yet but are moving

This is the roo they come from

Handsome rooster! And adorable chicks!

Sometimes chicks just aren't strong enough to hatch, probably nothing could have been done to help.

Best of luck with the rest of your hatch.

I had two hona's and one black isbar chick sitting in the incubator this morning. Two more hona eggs have pips and the remaining blue isbar eggs have pips also. Just one remaining on the end that is not pipped. Feeling very blessed that the 6 isbar chicks are going to hatch. Especially since it took me weeks and weeks of searching to find my blue isbars hiding space! I was sure the eggs were recent because the air cell was miniscule when I found them. Of course it was 80's and 90's too...no problem for those eggs apparently!

My humidity dropped to 46%...nothing I can do at this point but just hope everyone hatches ok. I already have the air openings closed to the minimum for hatch. If I open the door it jeopardizes the whole hatch. I have a rule that I don't open the incubator until the hatch is over...should know by tonight how things are doing!

fl.gif

Hope all your little eggs are cracking out some cuties~~~!

Well I was trying to attach a pic of Sophie with the post but it wont let me will have to share pics tomorrow.

I came out to find Sophie and 3 lil chicks. And two more partially hatched eggs alone. I moved the chick that hatched yesterday out with her. I took the two eggs that had zipped but didnt hatch into the incubator. However I fear them as a loss because they were cold. I guess we will see later on.
Does anyone know how long I Should wait for them to finish?

Well I was trying to attach a pic of Sophie with the post but it wont let me will have to share pics tomorrow.

I came out to find Sophie and 3 lil chicks. And two more partially hatched eggs alone. I moved the chick that hatched yesterday out with her. I took the two eggs that had zipped but didnt hatch into the incubator. However I fear them as a loss because they were cold. I guess we will see later on.
Does anyone know how long I Should wait for them to finish?

If they are zipped, I would let them warm up and then help them out. Don't give up hope. I had a duckling that I thought had died zipping. I put it in the garbage. The next morning my garbage was peeping.

I'm a hunter! I've got some. However I don't have an incubator. I have broodys.
263a.png
I do plan on incubating someday though. My hublet and I are preppers. So we have plenty of "survival " items. Besides the basics like a generator,water,candles and oil lamps,dry food,tons of batteries,etc. I've already stocked up the goats and chickens with food and water. But I still plan on doing my checking in on them. I usually do that every few hours as I'm expecting chicks and goats. The kittens were born today. They're in our shed. Thank you much for your continual prayers for everyone! They've actually said that this could be another Sandy.
1f62a.png

I will need to pick your brain on some stuff...I am def moving in your direction but have yet to get the time to be as prepared!  And I am a crappy canner!

Absolutely! I'll share whatever I know. My husband taught me how to hunt. And let me tell you,he's awesome! It's so much more than just picking a spot and waiting. There's some serious skills that go into even knowing what spot to pick. Hunting for us starts a couple months before deer season actually opens. As far as canning,lol on the crappyness! I'm a beginner but I'm pretty good at doing the water bath canning. And at preserving squash. As you cannot can that. Bacteria factor!!! Anyways don't wanna take over the hatch thread! Ask me anything and I'll do my best to be of assistance.
263a.png

Thank you to all of you who responded to the storm. It has turned as of now. Thank you Lord! However,the rain and wind will be horrific. Praying!!!!
1f64f.png
1f64f.png
1f64f.png

Thanks Glory!

Well, waiting on two eggs here...one with a pip, Should be a wrap by the morning. The next crew was set the 19th...I guess I better get their brooder set up...may be 12 new chickees! Pics to follow tomorrow!

If they are zipped, I would let them warm up and then help them out. Don't give up hope. I had a duckling that I thought had died zipping. I put it in the garbage. The next morning my garbage was peeping.

Thats wonderful news. I am worried about the incubator chick being outside twice I had to put him with her because he was alone. I hope he stays with her tonight. Also still nothing from the two zipped eggs. :(

Thats wonderful news. I am worried about the incubator chick being outside twice I had to put him with her because he was alone. I hope he stays with her tonight. Also still nothing from the two zipped eggs.
sad.png
Will she sit still if you put some eggs under her?

Had you candled the zipped egg for movement? Maybe it got stuck when the hen pulled away and lost it's humidity...?

Back
Top Bottom