September 2023 Hatch-A-Long

20230918_065557.jpg

These are different from my last batch. I got them from a friend's farm, blrw Wyandotte mixes with bcm and isbar. Due Oct. 3 day 7. Some eggs are from a health food store, also local eggs.

Hatch day is supposed to be Thursday.
I bought a dozen expensive Bielefelder eggs from Omega but only 3 made it to lockdown. Half of them were pullet eggs so I figured it would not be a good hatch rate.
I put in some of my eggs anticipating those results. I put in a few of my Buckeyes, an Ameraucana egg, a Maran egg, and a mix egg: Hamburg hen/Buckeye rooster. That might be interesting.
I just got an order from McMurray last week for my Jumbo Cornish Cross chicks and I think my free chick was a Bielefelder. That would be nice.

Just set some more silkie eggs- Friday afternoon to be exact. And Saturday the day after i added 2 of my bantams eggs.
I just got the bantams, they were free ranged with all kinds of roosters so i highly doubt they are full bantam. They are in with a bantam roo now but it hasn't been long.
The silkies aren't mine, i traded them with a friend.
received_911158000486584.jpeg
received_1953926198326221.jpeg
received_301088872508946.jpeg

So far three Silkies. Two of mine have also hatched, a girl from Bella's eggs and one from Saturn my Araucana. Out my my other 4 that's almost a week old one is a frizzle

Attachments

• 20230919_205146.jpg
    20230919_205146.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 5
Waiting on the last 2 eggs to hatch. Yesterday they had internal pips so I was expecting some external pips today but nothing🤷‍♀️ I guess I will give them a couple more days and see. These are eggs that were left on the nest when my MIL’s broody hen got up, so they may have had problems from being cold for too long. Hopefully they hatch soon. 🤞

4 out of the 6 eggs hatched so far, but one of the 4 seems weaker than the others so not sure if it will make it. 3 are healthy and active though.

Back
Top Bottom