September and October Hatch-A-Long

TherryChicken

Crowing
7 Years
Sep 16, 2012
del valle, tx
I have Easter Eggers and Barred Plymouth Rock eggs in the incubator, along with Texas A&M White quail eggs. So far I am collecting Cream Legbar eggs for next hatch. So excited! Anyone else hatching?

got a mix of random eggs from our show that people said we could have total we have 6 there going in the bator in the morning due on the 20th wonder what well end up with????

I have a couple of Egyptian Fayoumi eggs due to hatch Thursday the 3rd. They look good so far, they will be the first to hatch from my trio if they do. Fingers crossed!

I am on day 16, 17, and 18. This is the first time I have hatched eggs. I know I am supposed to take the egg turner out on day 18 but the other eggs still need to be turned but its also supposed to be on lock down. I am not sure what to do. I read that to help keep the humidity up you can spray the eggs with a squirt bottle when you have to open the incubator. Does anyone have experience with this?

I am on day 16, 17, and 18. This is the first time I have hatched eggs. I know I am supposed to take the egg turner out on day 18 but the other eggs still need to be turned but its also supposed to be on lock down. I am not sure what to do. I read that to help keep the humidity up you can spray the eggs with a squirt bottle when you have to open the incubator. Does anyone have experience with this?

you can put them all on lock down at this point. but next time you hatch I would wait until you get as many eggs as you want to hatch within 2 weeks and put them all in at once to do this collect your eggs and place them upside down in an egg carton in a room between 65-70 degrees until you have as many as you want to hatch eggs stay fertile for up to 2 weeks.

Thank you! I will definitely do that next time! My husband is concerned about the chicks sticking to the shell if they aren't turned, is this a legit concern?

Back
Top Bottom