***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

Hi, I'm somewhat new to this website, but if it's worth anything I'm setting 21 FBCM, 12 BLRW, and 12 Araucanas later this month.
I'm pretty darn psyched
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I thought I would update everyone as I have lost a few eggies during incubation!
Egg
#1 & 6 stinkers!
2. still growing
3. "
4. " 1 through 10 are from my aunt mixed flock
5. "
7. "
8. "
9. "
10."

11. RIR growing
12. Leghorn growing
13. BR growing
14, 15, & 16 Not fertile
17. RIR growing
18. leghorn growing

we are on day 16 of incubation!! This is my 2nd hatch and all seems to be going well!
Good luck to all the rest of you hatching buddies!!

Last edited:
I just candled my 2 chicken eggs in the incubator - both have tons of veins and Mrs. Fluffy Puffy's egg is moving!!!
ya.gif
ya.gif

I'm kind of glad my Green EE eggs is "Light" green so I can candle it!
tongue.png

afishel: You still got alot of eggs in the incubator don't ya?
wink.png

Lock down in the morning for me.
forced air method temps holding at 99 to 100
Humidity currently at 50

How High should I raise Humidity for silkies?

So far here are the stats.
Started with 28

2 blood rings
2 failed right after day 7 or somewhere
1 died after day 12 or somewhere
8 duds

Going strong

5 white silkies
4 blue,black silkies
4 black, lavs silkies
1 partridge silkie
1 splash silkie

Come on babies

Last edited:
Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I just candled my 2 chicken eggs in the incubator - both have tons of veins and Mrs. Fluffy Puffy's egg is moving!!!
ya.gif
ya.gif

I'm kind of glad my Green EE eggs is "Light" green so I can candle it!
tongue.png

afishel: You still got alot of eggs in the incubator don't ya?
wink.png

Yes I sure do have alot of eggs left And I dont know what I am goin to do with them :LOL I and only 5 hatch last time and I am down to 2 baby chicks now 1 cockrel and 1 pullet!

this current hatch was just for the fun of it I didnt eggspect that good of outcome and here I am with 13 out of 18
NOT TOO BAD!! I think I'll manage
lau.gif
tongue2.gif

I think it is neat to candle green eggs they look neon to me​

Mrs FluffyPuffy you are using a homemade bator right? You could have cool spots that are delaying hatch a day or 2, one batch of my button quail took til day 20 since temps fell when my light bulb burnt out overnight-I would wait if it was me, I only help after I see one pip but then nothing else for 12 or more hours-also if you are lifting the lid to get babies out it will take the temp and humidity down and delay hatching, I leave my babies in the bator for 24 hours til everyone is hatching

Quail count the day or so after the official hatch day: 23/60 eggs shipped hatched. My hubby says factoring the cracks and infertiles, we hatched over 50 percent our first try with shipped eggs. One chick was not thriving so once he started gasping for air with his eyes closed, my python got a *small* meal. I have my fingers crossed for late hatchets especially goldens, since we only have 2. I cleared the incubator of infertile serama eggs, luckily there were only about five. I think lockdown starts the 14th and I can't WAIT to see what we get. Gotta love the variety seramas provide lol

I had a pip yesterday in one of the bantam cochin eggs but no activity since. I think it's died in the shell. No other movement from the rest (6) in that incubator. Lockdown Monday - tomorrow- for the second incubator with 7 lav orp eggs. When I candled those eggs on day 12, it didn't look like there would be any growth, but yesterday's candling showed all 7 eggs totally dark. (Dark shells, too, so I don't know if that means anything or not.)

Pretty disappointing after my very first hatch of olive eggers.

But I'm not giving up - I have 7 more BJG eggs in a third incubator. When the cochins and lav orps are done, I'll be ready to try again with some other eggs.

This is really additive!

okay bator has been on a test run for about 24 hours, almost ready for the eggs, waiting until tomorrow so I can have the 3 eggs the girls lay, woot woot. Cant wait for baby duckies!

Back
Top Bottom