***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

Quote:
they are so cute and don't give up I bought eggs out of 16, 2 hatch I get more eggs and pay for shipping one of the chicks just dies @ day 10 next shipment there is 20 eggs only one hatches......both are roos too so later I get 21 more of the same breed 9 hatch I'm pretty happy as 50% is a great hatch on shipped eggs find out later husband "helped" wife with eggs and 1 is the wrong breed..oh well it's pretty and @7 weeks I still don't know what sex it is though with my luck...♦ Are you wanting a special breed? If so sometimes finding another breeder from a different PO will help. If you want to try again PM me maybe I can help.

This morning I went out to feed the two babies and they were dead in the nest. I don't know if the mother smothered them or what. The box was small and there were 3 broodies in there, but they were moving back and forth underneath all three last night. I have had no illness or disease in the coop and I even gave them a few drops of water off my (sanitized) finger last night to keep them hydrated until they came out of the nest to eat and drink this morning. I am heartbroken! I've cried all day.

Last edited:
Quote:
Big end UP, Pointy end DOWN.
fl.gif
Good hatching vibes sent your way!
fl.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
Now it is watch and wait!
caf.gif
pop.gif
Bright side--fingernails are protein -- GOOD calories!
lau.gif
gig.gif
welcome-byc.gif
- hatching club!

Here you go:
43761_4-5-6-wellies_005.jpg

edited to add pic eh

Last edited:
Featherbaby, I'm so sorry to hear about your little ones! It's always so sad to hatch them and then lose them--it's just such a disappointment!
hit.gif
I hope next time goes better for you.

thumbsup.gif
OK folks! Picture Heavy! Here are my even dozen Bantam Ameraucanas!

'Talkin' it over w/Momma Bear!
43761_b_ameraucanas-1_day_001.jpg

'Splash'
43761_b_ameraucanas-1_day_004.jpg

Blacks
43761_b_ameraucanas-1_day_005.jpg

Blues
43761_b_ameraucanas-1_day_009.jpg

Lavenders
43761_b_ameraucanas-1_day_011.jpg

43761_b_ameraucanas-1_day_013.jpg

I am in LOVe!
love.gif
droolin.gif
love.gif
droolin.gif
celebrate.gif
love.gif
PRAYING FOR PULLETS!!
fl.gif
fl.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

OMG - Cuteness OVERLOAD!!!
th.gif

I second that those Americaunas are too darn adorable!!!!

Well folks, 11 days left till hatch, I candled last night and lost 2 more duck eggs, I am down to 5 now.... I hope that I dont lose anymore! I am praying for chocolate runners as it is or chocolate runner/pekin mixes..... wooo brown pekins.... awesome! haha. I dont even know if that is possible but I think it would be adorable! I am goin mad over here waiting for these babies to hatch. mad I tell you mad!​

This is the Wellie/Game chick that hatched this week... Have one pip in the four silkie eggs in lockdown, no news from my mixed eggs in lockdown that I took from the broody. Hope the silkies make it, the humidity ran high the whole time(couldnt get it into the mid range, always in the 50-60s) and there is a little fluid in the air cells. I'm hope they don't pip and drown.
photo1-14.jpg

day 21 on serama eggs that should have been hatching on day 19
duc.gif
i'm so worried nothing will hatch
hide.gif

so here i am
pop.gif
and trying to keep myself from opening the bator to candle and see if anyone is still alive!

Back
Top Bottom