***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

Guess what??? I'm gonna be in the October-Hatch-Along!!
wee.gif

I'm getting Bantam/Standard Cochin eggs and Black/Blue Silkies!!!
ya.gif

My friend ( team edward ) is going to have to incubate them for me though, cause my mom is tired of us having to stay home just so I can turn my eggs.
sad.png

It's really horrible because I have to let my friend have half of what ever hatches!
th.gif

The purrfect set up when you have a cat that loves chicken nuggets...
photo-1698.jpg

So far I have had one of the four Silkie eggs to pip and die, another to hatch out and is now in the brooder... So two to go, and hopefully at least one of those two will hatch before Monday. Then the chipmunk one will be a week old Monday and the black one and the buff one were hatched this morning.. These latter two were the cold ones I brought in because my broody abandoned them for better looking eggs. Was going to try to put one under my broody tonight but daughter doesn't want me to chance it...
photo-898.jpg

I think our hatch is done. We got 5 Modern Game chicks (one died, don't know why). And, we have 3 tiny button quail! These guys are so cute and photogenic.

12477_button_spoon.jpg

12477_mods_blue.jpg

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

juliechick: Those Button Quail Chicks are adorable! How many did you start out with?

I had about 12 eggs. One was rotten for sure. The other eggs are still in the bator. I'm leaving them for awhile longer just to see if we get any more. This is the 17th day, so more could hatch.
12477_sleepy_buttons2.jpg

Quote:
I had about 12 eggs. One was rotten for sure. The other eggs are still in the bator. I'm leaving them for awhile longer just to see if we get any more. This is the 17th day, so more could hatch.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/12477_sleepy_buttons2.jpg

Don't worry, I have had 2 - 3 hatches all on day 17. I've only had 1 hatch on day 16!!!
Keep them in there at least until day 21
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom