***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

Sorry to post so much today, but the first incubator serama chick is out! Adorable, too!
big_smile.png
And there's another that has a fairly large hole but hasn't quite gotten the idea of zipping yet. Also, looks like two other pips!

It's so hard to be patient when hatching is so exciting!
celebrate.gif
I need to go draw or something so I don't check the incubator every five minutes.
lol.png

Quote:
I went to Starbucks with my laptop and did what I do at home: logged into my e-mail, logged onto BYC, noodled around on eBay. But I couldn't just get up and check the 'bator from there. I got involved in stuff and a good two hours passed. One coffee, one refill, and two Outrageous Oatmeal Cookies.

The other thing I did was go to a Goodwill Store and look around for stuff, just picking up this or that - like very big coffee mugs in which to make the 5 Minute Microwave Chocolate Cake. Spent an entire 7 bucks and about 45 minutes or so, there.

Quote:
I went to Starbucks with my laptop and did what I do at home: logged into my e-mail, logged onto BYC, noodled around on eBay. But I couldn't just get up and check the 'bator from there. I got involved in stuff and a good two hours passed. One coffee, one refill, and two Outrageous Oatmeal Cookies.

The other thing I did was go to a Goodwill Store and look around for stuff, just picking up this or that - like very big coffee mugs in which to make the 5 Minute Microwave Chocolate Cake. Spent an entire 7 bucks and about 45 minutes or so, there.

Thanks for the ideas to pass the time! They help!
big_smile.png

How much you wanna bet the rest of my babies hatch tomorrow when I'll be so busy I can hardly think straight, instead of Thursday when I can watch them all day if I want to?

They could hatch either day.

All 3 button quail are doing well.

I am now waiting on the 12 coturnix eggs. I have not candled them BUT
1 is damaged (probably no good BUT I smeared it with glue in the damaged area and it doesn't stink yet. It's been five days since then.)
2 or 3 feel lighter than they should. However, it's not over until a couple of days after all the others hatch!

So, probably 8 hatchable eggs.

The ones that feel too light are NOT the fault of my incubator. I suspect it's the female bird in this case. Her eggs are sometimes abnormal. About every 3 weeks she lays a soft shell, even though she has plenty of calcium. She also lays thin shelled eggs on occasion -- so thin they break in the nest. Once in a while she has a blood spot in her eggs, too. I figure her eggs probably aren't hatchable, but tossed them in as extras just in case.

Marans number one hatched this morning(a day early)... Three to go. Another is peeping in the air cell but hasn't pipped yet that I can see, it is the other big egg by the thermometer. The other two eggs are smaller like maybe pullet eggs... Hope they all hatch!
photo2-38.jpg

Back
Top Bottom