***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

We have not had anything yet either, I just keep staring at it like come on babies, I want to meet you. It is day 19.

Well I have 7 now and more pips. Silkies sure hatch slow lol. They are supposed to hatch today but they started yesterday. I think its because my bator was running hot for a few days and I didn't realize one of the thermometers was off a degree or two (fluctuating) I opened the bator and took the hatched chicks out and slipped the 19 marans eggs in. Boy its crowded in there now. So far I think I have 3 partridge, 1 white, 1 splash, 1 blue, 1 that came from an egg that said lavender splash. I sure hope more hatch. There are 3 black split lavs that haven't hatched yet. I am really hoping at least one of those will hatch lol.

Thank you featherbaby and emvickery. My foot is pretty swollen. It's the right one of course lol. I am gonna soak it in some epsom salt and warm water today.

btw, featherbaby, I love your signature line. I wanna make a sign for my coop that says that!

I'm still waiting for my quail to hatch. They usually hatch on day 15 but with the temps going up and down they may not hatch at all. When Imoved tem to the hatcher which is a hovobator I felt movement inside most of them. I dn't candle the quail eggs but a few times and that is mostly to remove any clears so I have room for more.
th.gif
I have to leave space for the swap eggs this month since I don't know when they will be shipped.

Quote:
What is that you use for bedding. Looks like wood chips and sand maybe? I really need a different way to do this. Right now i'm using paper towel and I have to change it twice a day. I was using just wood chips but I still had to change that once a day. The quail are messy little suckers. They could use more space but I don't have it. They are growing fast. My plan was to get them in the freezer before I ran out of room but the Bob Whites hatched first because the others where just chicks when I got them. I was hatching quail while the others where maturing and the first batch where infertile. But now they aren't infertile. I have 4 batches of Bob Whites and the first just turned 7 weeks. My first batch of cortunix are just almost a week old. My grower pen is full of Bob Whites. And now I have all these cortunix. I have 3 brooders with 2 being used. I need to move the 6 chicks to a smaller brooder so I can use it for the quail.

Just thinking out loud. lol
hmm.png

emvickrey: We must see pictures!
big_smile.png

AWESOME NEWS!!!
wee.gif

I now have 1 button!!!!
big_smile.png
celebrate.gif
big_smile.png
ya.gif
clap.gif

She hatched out just minutes ago, she is Yellowish Grey/Silver!
love.gif

I will post a picture once she drys off.
smile.png

Me SOOOO HAPPY!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom