***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

Now I got 10 D'Uccles and I see 2 more pips, 1 zipping-oh what a great hatch
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

congrats to all with all their adorable babies, oh everyones are so cute-I will post pics when they all move to the brooder

Well I was wrong. One is trying to hatch. One egg seems to be rocking. So maybe this school project for the kids really will turn out well.

So one has broken the shell but the membrane is still in tact. I can see a little dark body in there though. The kids are under dire threats on opening the incubator to check progress and are anxiously checking through the little windows every few min.

I ended up with 6 true Ameraucana chicks hatching. One died, probably had an infection from being stuck in the shell to long and having to be helped out.
hit.gif
The black and white chick had zipped half way and zip wrapped, so I helped that one out and it is fine
smile.png
The rest of the 7 eggs didin't hatch but had fully formed chicks so I'm pretty sure I had a humidity problem. I am so tired of poor hatches that I'm going to buy a better incubator with humidity control!!!! Problem is once I get it I will want to hatch more chicks to try it out!
lol.png

Here is a picture of my 5 chicks. 2 blacks, 2 Lavender and 1 Wheaten. They are from Pips and Peeps eggs.

54909_p1030281.jpg

I put my eggs in lock down. I used some egg cartons. Thanks for the picture. Can the chicks get out of the cartons? My last hatches, the chicks rolled out. AND I helped some..... I am determine not to help this time!

I really think nothing is going to happen......we will see....
hmm.png

wel i quit waiting on the serama eggs to hatch and decided to try and help them and i am glad i did out of the 7 eggs in lockdown 5 had died in the shell without having even pip the internal membrane, 2 had pip the internal membrane but were shrink wrapped in the membrane. so i have been slowly helping them out. right now the 2 living ones are resting and i am hoping they finish hatching out of the remaining shell on their own. but i will be keeping an eye to make sure they are doing alright.
fl.gif

once these 2 are out they will be the only 2 eggs to hatch out of the 33 eggs that started this month.
I have more eggs in the incubator that will be hatching out in Oct.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom