September Hatch-A-Long

I just did my Day 14 candle. 7 eggs were looking good, lots of veining and a little bit of movement. They are not super active though. One of the eggs looked totally dark except the air cell; couldn't see any veining & it was the same at the last candle (Day 9). So I decided it was a bad one & I cracked it open. Unfortunately there was something alive in there. :-( Maybe it wouldn't have survived anyway but I felt bad.
But at least I have 7 that are looking good & I am looking forward to hatching some chicks in a week!

I just did my Day 14 candle. 7 eggs were looking good, lots of veining and a little bit of movement. They are not super active though. One of the eggs looked totally dark except the air cell; couldn't see any veining & it was the same at the last candle (Day 9). So I decided it was a bad one & I cracked it open. Unfortunately there was something alive in there. :-( Maybe it wouldn't have survived anyway but I felt bad.
But at least I have 7 that are looking good & I am looking forward to hatching some chicks in a week!
I'm sorry, that's traumatic! My biggest fear with taking away eggs I suspected were bad...I opened them all just to be sure of what I was seeing, but there's always the possibility. :(

IMG_7474.JPG IMG_7475.JPG IMG_7476.JPG I candled a couple of eggs today @ day 15. I think baby looks good so far. Air cell a good size?

Attachments

• IMG_7477.PNG
    IMG_7477.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7478.PNG
    IMG_7478.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Hello! I'm a little late to join but I have some September babies due as well. I put 16 Black Copper, Blue Copper and Splash Marans and two Speckled Sussex that I purchased from a local breeder in the incubator on 8/25 and then put 10 of my own barnyard mix in on 8/26, a bit of a stagger but I have two incubators to use. I'm just using little giant incubators. So far both of the SS have proved to be infertile :( but everything else has been developing well, I'll have to do another candle soon, I'm not able to see much with a few of the Marans eggs because they are too dark. Happy hatching!!

Just dropping in.

This is my first hatch-a-long, but my 5th batch of bator -biddies.

Today is day 18, and due to everyone molting like crazy, it's a small batch hatch. We are going into lockdown tonight!

I'll let y'all know what I end up with :)

I am hatching a few purebred Cream Legbars(CL)a few Easter eggers (CL over Ameraucana)a green eggers, (CL over buff Orpington), and a few olive eggers (CL over Cuckoo Maran).

Well we are at 7 days as of noon today. We will candle them tonight. Im hoping to defy all odds and have a 80%+ hatch out on our shipped eggs. Even thought this is our first incubation. I will say our ovation 28ex is rock solid on temps. We have looked at it 100+ times and it's always 99.5 or 99.6.
Scott

Back
Top Bottom