September Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I guess I should join this thread since I am have coturnix quail eggs that should hatch 9/11-9/12, and a second batch of coturnix quail and button quail eggs (different incubator) that should hatch 9/16-17. The incubator I just locked down this morning (a bit late but I ran out of time yesterday) is currently around 25-30% humidity and has been that way the entire incubation. I water candled the eggs and they all seemed to have small-regular sized air cells. If I add more water to increase the humidity will it drown the chicks?

Since this is my first time hatching...when should I expect to see wiggles and hear peeping? I'm on day 18 and SO antsy for babies!!!!

Since this is my first time hatching...when should I expect to see wiggles and hear peeping? I'm on day 18 and SO antsy for babies!!!!

This ia only my second hatch, but I have to warn you some may take a bit to hatch and will go way past the 21st day, but it should cause no concern if your temps have been steady.

For your question, I've found you usually hear them day 21 or older, as I've found they tend to thriw fits when hatcjing, so to speak.

We have one out!
IMG_1898.JPG

I guess I should join this thread since I am have coturnix quail eggs that should hatch 9/11-9/12, and a second batch of coturnix quail and button quail eggs (different incubator) that should hatch 9/16-17. The incubator I just locked down this morning (a bit late but I ran out of time yesterday) is currently around 25-30% humidity and has been that way the entire incubation. I water candled the eggs and they all seemed to have small-regular sized air cells. If I add more water to increase the humidity will it drown the chicks?
No it will not drown the chicks if you add water, humidity should be higher during lockdown, just make sure you don't open incubator long, and use warm water so the temp doesn't get affected much. Good luck!

I've heard peeping on day 19 and hatches on day 20, you will probably hear the eggs wiggling before anything I did! I was looking around for what was making the noise around the room before I figured out it was the eggs wiggling lol

Back
Top Bottom