September Hatch-A-Long

Pics
No changes in 24 hours. I can still hear the one who pipped at the wrong end. None of the internal pips have externally pipped. Today is day 20. I expected to see more expected pips by now. Especially with the ones that were internally pipped yesterday morning. I still have not opened the gator. My meddling instinct is in over drive though. I want to help the chick that pipped the wrong end, but I also read mal-positioned chicks usually take longer. So when do you help? I am so anxious. I have to leave for several hours today. 6 hours of torture and wonder!

You may end up having to help the one that has pipped at the wrong end. If so, then do it carefully.

3/8 eggs have started hatching 3 days early :eek:....one pipped wrong end but is chirping up a storm. Maran mixes, should be olive eggers :celebrate

Attachments

• IMAG0671.jpg
    IMAG0671.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1
3/8 eggs have started hatching 3 days early :eek:....one pipped wrong end but is chirping up a storm. Maran mixes, should be olive eggers :celebrate

I meant 3/6, and now make that 5/6 with three wrong Ender's....maybe the cabinet top the incubator is on has a tilt I didn't know about...seems odd 1/2 would pip wrong end..

Attachments

• IMAG0673.jpg
    IMAG0673.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 1
Well, I ended up with 3 marans. And 1 barnyard mix. There are 2 pips working on zipping in the second batch. I'm a bit disappointed, out of 16 marans eggs in the first batch that is not a good rate :( after candling and listening to one of the eggs that is quite a bit over due I checked it out, why didn't a fully developed chick even pip? I think that there are several like that because I candled all of them before lockdown can humidity be too high? Here are some that did hatch
image.jpg

Well, I ended up with 3 marans. And 1 barnyard mix. There are 2 pips working on zipping in the second batch. I'm a bit disappointed, out of 16 marans eggs in the first batch that is not a good rate :( after candling and listening to one of the eggs that is quite a bit over due I checked it out, why didn't a fully developed chick even pip? I think that there are several like that because I candled all of them before lockdown can humidity be too high? Here are some that did hatchView attachment 1138947

I kept my humidity at 54 during lock down on my last hatch in July. My temp was at 101 F. to 102 F. all the way through the incubation period. I plan to do the humidity the same again for this hatch when I go into lock down on Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom