September Hatch-A-Long

@Crooked Chicken

Each month we have what we call a Hatch-A-Long. It is for those of us who happen to be hatching out eggs during the month either by having a broody hen or by using an incubator. We help each other through the hatching. Some people here are doing the hatching for the first time, while others are more experienced, because they have done it several times before and are more able to help the newbies to it. I hope this answers your question.

i have eggs that are due to hatch next thurs, the 28th. i have 30 eggs, a mix of cream legbars, svart honas, light sussex and 2 ameraucana eggs from my sister. ive candled twice and taken out 8 eggs that werent developing.

@Crooked Chicken

Each month we have what we call a Hatch-A-Long. It is for those of us who happen to be hatching out eggs during the month either by having a broody hen or by using an incubator. We help each other through the hatching. Some people here are doing the hatching for the first time, while others are more experienced, because they have done it several times before and are more able to help the newbies to it. I hope this answers your question.

Thank you for the explanation!:thumbsup

One of my Barred Rock females is the first to lay eggs -- almost 2 weeks now with a day or 2 between. I left a couple of eggs in her nest the other day and she laid another today. I'm hoping she will want to sit on them, but if not that's ok too. Now I know where to come if she does.

Back
Top Bottom