September Hatch-A-Long!

lavender frizzle silkies!
love.gif
Ooh soo pretty,cant wait to c what they turn out like

Poor baby :( The video cracked me up though! I hope pinks leg figure out where they need to be:) keep us updated on how she does.
This is Pink. (If you click on my video link you'll see why.) She has a problem I haven't seen anyone post about. Her feet are above the wings. Like she was in the egg way too long. So this is what I have been doing to help. Please let me know if there is a better way. This is on my Facebook page.

How long does it usually take for legs to move into correct position with help? I don't don't know how long to leave Pink in her sling. I took the weights off for tonight. But she is still in the sling.

Day 10 for me and I'm down to 14 out of 21 eggs set. 2 had scrambled yolks and 1rotted and popped open today (thank goodness no mess) and threw out 4 clears. Hoping the next 11 days go well

hello :) i've got 5 buff orpington eggs in my homemade incubator due to hatch on the 9th. i have chicks to be delivered about the same day. getting excited. this is the 4th time incubating. the last 2 times didnt work out well, so a little modifying and i think i've got it set pretty well.

ok so i desided to do day14 candle on day 13 cayse i opened the bator to move a thermometer and somrbody stank..so i went thru all have movement but the one stinker so sat 45.. 35 left (1 blodd ring 1 stinker 1 dropped 7 infertile)... and went ahead and pulled out 2 more infertiles from the second batch ( they are on day 6) 6 sat 3 left.
and Sara is sitting 8 (on day 3 of the broody hen batch)

Its my first time this time. Question... what did you think was the problem with your last incubation? I have a lot to learn :)

my last problem was my turner. it rolled them with a stick but didnt roll them completely or too far. also, some of the eggs were tilted a little, so when they were going to hatch, their heads were at the small end. :( they made it that far, and died the last day or two. back to hand rolling :)
the time before that, i didnt have a thermostat, and it peaked at 102 degrees one day. i have installed a water heater thermostat, and no problems now.

Back
Top Bottom