September Hatch-A-Long!

Oh dear I need some quick help. I put my hatch on lockdown about an hour ago. I just went to check and make sure the humidity was where it needed to be and had an egg explode! It's a mysterious white one that showed up amongst my flock of brown layers. I've not been able to see into it since day one. I figured I'd give it a go. BIG MISTAKE! I luckily had my new Hova Bator up and going for a new batch of eggs to go in tomorrow morning. I moved all the good eggs to it until I can get the ReptiPro clean and un stinky. Will this nasty smell ever come out of my house and the ReptiPro? If I do get it aired out good, can I moved my lockdown back to it? THey weren't supposed to be locked down until tomorrow afternoon. But I'm not familiar with the HovaBator at all and so scared of trying to hatch these babies in it. I don't know what to do!!!

Hi all,
I have a big dilemma. My broody hen who has been sitting for about 5 days t quit on me tonight. She was only sitting on 2 eggs, and 1 wasn't developing. So, I have one egg that is developing from her that is about 5 days old. I threw it in my incubator where I have 5more eggs set 8 days ago. I have a Brinsea Mini Advance. What should I do? The egg is developing great and I'd hate to throw it out...

Oh dear I need some quick help. I put my hatch on lockdown about an hour ago. I just went to check and make sure the humidity was where it needed to be and had an egg explode! It's a mysterious white one that showed up amongst my flock of brown layers. I've not been able to see into it since day one. I figured I'd give it a go. BIG MISTAKE! I luckily had my new Hova Bator up and going for a new batch of eggs to go in tomorrow morning. I moved all the good eggs to it until I can get the ReptiPro clean and un stinky. Will this nasty smell ever come out of my house and the ReptiPro? If I do get it aired out good, can I moved my lockdown back to it? THey weren't supposed to be locked down until tomorrow afternoon. But I'm not familiar with the HovaBator at all and so scared of trying to hatch these babies in it. I don't know what to do!!!

I have gotten the stinkiest stink out of a lot of things with vinegar and baking soda. But you shouldn't get it on metal parts.

you and I really sound alike....I forget and find them hatched when I go to quickly check temps lol
frow.gif

yuckyuck.gif

ok so this question is made relivant here because im trying to hatch two of these things... i have a few sexlink hens... one of them lays a kinda pinkish egg and the last two were quite purple???? any idea on why they are purple?? if you want i can try to take a pic of them... but im telling you they are a deep pink purple color...

ok so i took a bad pic its the one central to the pic.

the eggs to its left and right are both a manella color and the one at its bottom is a standard brown from my sexlinks off to the side you can see a white egg
telling you what colors the other eggs are so you can tell what colors they are suppost to be cause they didnt come out looking the colors they really are. (the white looks cream)

Last edited:
baby serama 5 pipped and has been out maybe an hour...baby 3 has been out maybe 45 mins. babies 1 & 2 are peeping like mad hopefully they'll come out soon..baby 4 i'm worried about...hope its just napping. and baby 6 has pipped

I can't say for sure but I saw a thread here before about purple eggs and folks theorized they were caused by certain hens that had a tendency to lay eggs with a "powdery, white" bloom, over a dark brown egg. Same as how that white effect turns a brown egg pink. Again, I really have no idea, though.

My father-in-law just sent me an incubator and today is day 3 of my first hatch.

This is my flock.

From the top: Max, Prince Eric, Paprika and Rosie

From the bottom: Diego, Boo Boo, Paprika and Ruby (Rosie's sister)

And the leghorn hen is our little explorer, Dora.

Back
Top Bottom