September quilt block swap

Quote:
You are welcome, I had been wanting to try that block for a while, the flying geese blocks were made with that method where you end up with 4 identical flying geese blocks from one large square and 3 small squares...My first attempts were alittle wonky, but I think I would make more that way again.

I finally got the blocks in the mail today. I have been struggling all week to get the blocks together. It seemed that every time I turned around that some one was interrupting, or in my space. DH is going to be gone for 2 weeks, so maybe I will get something done.

Deb; I got your block last week if I remember right. I just want to say Thank you for it. It is very lovely. I am looking forward to getting enough blocks to put together a top.

Justbugged-I got your block yesterday and it is wonderfully unique. I am not sure what the pattern of the block is, but your use of fabrics (am I right in saying it is assorted batiks?) made it very unusual looking. I will post a picture in the am for everybody to see.

I have only just started venturing into the realm of pieced blocks, my arthritic hands are balking at my doing applique right now, so I truly appreciate all of the hard work you put into my block.

Thanks SO much!

Deb

Quote:
You are more than welcome. The pattern is called Cubed lattice, and The fabrics are batiks. I must say that I am very fond of batik fabrics.

I wanted to share a picture of my block with the group. Justbugged pieced it and I think it is the most unique looking block I have gotten yet.

7036_justbugged_quilt_block_sept_002.jpg

Lovely, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom