Serama babies

Camelot Farms

Chickenista
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
VA,TN,NC Tri-State area
These little ones are out of BlueGrassSerama birds. Thanks Jessi!!

33499_dscn1806.jpg

33499_dscn1807.jpg

33499_dscn1809.jpg

33499_dscn1810.jpg

I hatched 'em
smile.png

In fairness, they were not shipped eggs. DH went on a 5 hour road trip to get me adult birds from BlueGrass and got the eggs from her too.

100% successful hatch, lost one baby at hatch though. Pipped, zipped and 1/2 hatched then stayed that way for hours and hours. I finally rolled him over to see if the shell would just fall off and underneath was a blood clot. He had been slowly bleeding since zip from the umbilicus. Never had that happen before...

Wow! They are strutting it already! Congrats! I, as well, went on a road trip to Georgetown. Came home with two pairs and a bantam Americauna egg. Just hatched this morning, my first 100% hatch! We must have gone down there around the same time.

31816_chicken_119.jpg

Still wet, but I'd say white with darker wings. Should've hatched yesterday, but I peeked so much that I shrink-wrapped her. *bad Catwalk* I was worried that she wouldn't have any buddies, but I got EE eggs from a neighbor two weeks ago, and one hatched on Thursday. Consistantly the fastest hatching eggs in the world!

Quote:
That is a great question...lol. Since Serama dont breed true to color, (I think there are like 2400 color combos), it will be a big surprise.

I think thats why I like Serama....so much suspense
smile.png

And Welcome to BYC Bantimna!

Back
Top Bottom