Serama Hatch-A-Long!!

That is such a cute egg!! So cool!

So sorry about the birds you lost! The freezing weather really took its toll. :(

If you need any Serama roosters, I have extra.

In not too long, I should have some silkied eggs.

Still looking for silkie genetics... the four birds I lost where all suppose to be half silkied serama. I've got two roo's now, one will have to go before I go adding more adult birds ;)

Oh my goodness, I got 4 eggs from my 6 girls today! Been getting 1 or 2 a day for a while. Hubby told me to put them in the incubator! I about fainted. :D
But I'm a good wife, and better listen...this time. :gig

Still looking for silkie genetics... the four birds I lost where all suppose to be half silkied serama. I've got two roo's now, one will have to go before I go adding more adult birds ;)

My adults must be split for it as I get sex linked silkied chicks out of them

So I'm on day 9 of one new set with 15, and set 18 more this morning. The 15 are from my flock and 100% were fertile! The 18 came shipped, so we'll see what happens with them.

In with my first set are 3 chocolate Orpingtons, and 8 bantam cochins. 11 more bantam cochins in with the second set. :D

I'm bumfuzzled. Can you post pics of the parent birds?

I don't know which two are the parents lol i have two roos a crele and a gold duckwing and 4 hens i think its my gold duckwing roo and silver duckwing hen all roos have been removed until spring so I can pair and see

Hello all.

I set 13 eggs on 2/23 and 8 eggs today (2/25), both sets are shipped eggs. I had a quick peek at some of the 2/23 eggs while in the incubator and I see some development already. I'm hoping to get 3-4 chicks out of all of these eggs, I know seramas are hard to hatch and with these being shipped on top of that!! I tried to get eggs as close to my location as possible but there was a mishap with the closest eggs. They sat in the post office over a 3 day weekend :( The eggs look pretty good even for that long wait. There are only 2 badly detached air cells.

The eggs from slightly further away had a lot of detached air cells. They are also much smaller eggs(ive seen quail eggs bigger). REALLY hoping to get at least one chick from these.

I have 3 young seramas acquired locally. My rooster is really bad and I allowed myself to get distracted while picking him and chose him for his beautiful pattern and not for the fact he looked like a Serama. The seramas are pets for me, not show quality and to be honest I do not like the SQ birds. I do want them to look more Serama than old English though. So fingers crossed for a replacement rooster from my shipped eggs and maybe 1 or 2 pullets.

Back
Top Bottom