Serama Hatching

seramachick22

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
I have 4 Serama eggs in an incubator. We are going on day 22 of hatching. They are not moving or pipping but the eggs seem to be getting grey in places. I have never hatched eggs before of any kind and I thought eggs hatched between days 18-21. There is no smell coming from the eggs. Are they still viable?

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! You might want to post in the Incubating And Hatching Eggs forum https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs for help with what might be going on. If you can post pictures of what you mean by they are turning gray it might help. Did you candle the eggs before lock down? Did the incubator seem to work right, temperature/humidity etc? 21 days is just an average and eggs can hatch sooner or later than that. In case you have not seen it, this is a really good article on hatching eggs. www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

images

Welcome to BYC!

How egg-citing!! Good luck with the hatch! Kelsie left you with a link to hatching and the link to our Incubating Eggs forums should you run into any trouble.

Enjoy your egg hatching adventure!

Back
Top Bottom