Serama sexing— HELP!

Here’s more photos of the two I was told were hens… neither have much of waffles yet either, I really think the silkie one is a hen, but I’m not sure about the white frizzle. Looks more hen to me but again, no clue lol. I was more confused about the 4 little ones.
9C09EF20-228C-4AF0-B2B6-94D457C01C49.jpeg
1968F176-C1D6-4473-AEDF-00B10CB5D53A.jpeg
66031373-0D5A-4169-9934-FBBE36392C73.jpeg
7558D1A1-9535-4312-8A52-5AA77D8DB567.jpeg
15475F40-32BD-4A0E-AB44-F3DC5E3349BA.jpeg

If they a two months older they are most likely hens. Also the length of beak proportion to them. Hens I noticed tend to have longer beaks but not always the case. I would post ages next to all the pictures.
Oh that’s interesting! I’m learning a lot here and appreciate it!

the little ones I was told are 5-6 weeks A month ago lol, but to me they look so little! But I really do not know this breed to be able to say that’s incorrect. I wouldn’t think the breeder would lie about their ages, they’re fully feathered. But that would make the last 4 at least months old, because I had them for a month.
Agreed.

Post pics when they're all around 6 weeks old. At that point all boys should be obvious.

They should all be at least 6 weeks old with the exception of the white frizzle, that one I’m not sure how old, it isn’t fully feathered but it’s as big as the ones that i

If they're that old, they are pullets!
The silkied one is definitely that old, white frizzle… I’m not entirely sure of age, it’s the only one I didn’t get a hatch date with.

@ColtHandorf breeds Seramas. Come look at these and give your opinion Colt.

May also just be the timing of the pic, but the last of the older two you posted looks like it feels unwell.

which one, the white frizzle?
I had just gotten it home and I’m sure it was stressed :( it amazes me that ya’ll can tell by photos that they’re unwell! Lol. I was having issues with the little pesky mini one and someone saw a picture and said it looked unwell, it’s crazy! I’m a good way though. I’ll eventually get there I’m sure.

Oh that’s interesting! I’m learning a lot here and appreciate it!

the little ones I was told are 5-6 weeks A month ago lol, but to me they look so little! But I really do not know this breed to be able to say that’s incorrect. I wouldn’t think the breeder would lie about their ages, they’re fully feathered. But that would make the last 4 at least months old, because I had them for a month.

They should all be at least 6 weeks old with the exception of the white frizzle, that one I’m not sure how old, it isn’t fully feathered but it’s as big as the ones that i

The silkied one is definitely that old, white frizzle… I’m not entirely sure of age, it’s the only one I didn’t get a hatch date with.
Just saw that! Okay, then the first one is definitely a cockerel and the other two pullets. The last two look youger though.

which one, the white frizzle?
I had just gotten it home and I’m sure it was stressed :( it amazes me that ya’ll can tell by photos that they’re unwell! Lol. I was having issues with the little pesky mini one and someone saw a picture and said it looked unwell, it’s crazy! I’m a good way though. I’ll eventually get there I’m sure.
Yes, the frizzled white one.

You'll get there eventually. They're very subtle differences. I always notice it in the eyes. If they are sick enough, you can tell by their posture.

Back
Top Bottom