Serama too small to be in with d'Uccle?

Delilahducks

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2021
Hi everyone!

I just put in another 6 Serama eggs + 6 d'Uccle and 6 Bantam Cochin.
Quick question about the d'Uccle - these ones are new for me (I have standard Cochin - these are my first "bantam" ones). The eggs I got are quite large, same size as the cochin. How big are d'Uccle - maybe close to Silkie size? Obviously whatever comes out of those eggs is going to be quite a bit bigger than the Serama chicks. I've not see a side by side comparison of the two, nor thought to ask. I also might be so use to Serama that everything is looking gigantic 🤣

Will this be a problem in the brooder? (Size wise can I put the Serama in with both d'Uccle and cochin)

Attachments

• PSX_20210830_211744.jpg
    PSX_20210830_211744.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 34
  • PSX_20210830_211802.jpg
    PSX_20210830_211802.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 4
  • PSX_20210830_211821.jpg
    PSX_20210830_211821.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I just put in another 6 Serama eggs + 6 d'Uccle and 6 Bantam Cochin.
Quick question about the d'Uccle - these ones are new for me (I have standard Cochin - these are my first "bantam" ones). The eggs I got are quite large, same size as the cochin. How big are d'Uccle - maybe close to Silkie size? Obviously whatever comes out of those eggs is going to be quite a bit bigger than the Serama chicks. I've not see a side by side comparison of the two, nor thought to ask. I also might be so use to Serama that everything is looking gigantic 🤣

Will this be a problem in the brooder? (Size wise can I put the Serama in with both d'Uccle and cochin)

I have all 3 - Seramas, bantam cochins, and d'Uccles. Though all of mine are separated by breed, I think if they grow up together, they should be fine together. I have probably hatched some of each at the same time. I'll check my records and look for pics.

I have all 3 - Seramas, bantam cochins, and d'Uccles. Though all of mine are separated by breed, I think if they grow up together, they should be fine together. I have probably hatched some of each at the same time. I'll check my records and look for pics.
Thank you so much!!! These are the three breeds I'd like to focus on, outside of our duckies. Im so glad there shouldn't be any brooder issues

Back
Top Bottom