SERIOUS HELP NEEDED; DUCK EYE PECKED OUT BY CHICKEN

Animals tend to hide pain. If needed, you can dissolve 5 aspirin to 1 Gallon of water.
Do you happen to know which chicken did this and why it might have happened?

Animals tend to hide pain. If needed, you can dissolve 5 aspirin to 1 Gallon of water.
Do you happen to know which chicken did this and why it might have happened?
I don't think it's needed, as it's been a while. Do you think she's in pain? Since the day she was pecked she was wandering around and digging in the dirt like normal. she even checked out the ducks and went on her merry way.

This duck is my cousins. Not sure what type they have, but it's a black chicken that never liked the duck from the start. According to ___, I've been told that the duck enjoyed hanging out with the chickens (No other ducks to play with, its literally just one duck and 4 chickens). Pepper (Black chicken who pecked duck) didn't ever like the duck but tolerated her. The reason why she was pecked was never discovered since it either happened the night before the incident or in the morning while they were at church

I don't think it's needed, as it's been a while. Do you think she's in pain? Since the day she was pecked she was wandering around and digging in the dirt like normal. she even checked out the ducks and went on her merry way.

This duck is my cousins. Not sure what type they have, but it's a black chicken that never liked the duck from the start. According to ___, I've been told that the duck enjoyed hanging out with the chickens (No other ducks to play with, its literally just one duck and 4 chickens). Pepper (Black chicken who pecked duck) didn't ever like the duck but tolerated her. The reason why she was pecked was never discovered since it either happened the night before the incident or in the morning while they were at church
Maybe not, I wouldn't know since I'm not there. It just looks painful.
The duck should really have some duck friends.
Tell your cousin to make sure there are no areas where the duck can get cornered once she's reintroduced. I'm betting she got cornered and had no way out when she got attacked.

Maybe not, I wouldn't know since I'm not there. It just looks painful.
The duck should really have some duck friends.
Tell your cousin to make sure there are no areas where the duck can get cornered once she's reintroduced. I'm betting she got cornered and had no way out when she got attacked.
Alright, I'll giver her aspirin and see how it goes.
That's how I feel too :( Luckily we have 3 Cayugas here
the other chickens leave her alone, so I think she'll be fine.They also let them free range a lot so that's great too.
Not sure if they'll take the duck back since she's a quacker... Hopefully if she stays she'll have a better life here!

This is quite urgent; a friend of mine had a duck eye pecked out by a chicken. It seems broken, the eye, but I can't tell; the eye is have 'glued' shut from an unknown substance. From what I can see, it's like a void. It's leaking a bubbly, clear fluid too; not excessive, just kinda coming out and staying at the eyelid. My dad (Whom I very strongly told NOT to do this) 'cleaned' the duck's eye with salt water, and put turmeric powder to help it out. I'm not really sure what to do; The main thing I want is to un-glue the eyelid to see how truly horrible the damage is. Any thoughts on how to do so? It may even not be glued shut, I'm not sure, but that's what it seems like. Excess info is provided below. Please respond ASAP.

-duck doesn't seem in pain when walking around or when I clean the eye out; just trying to leave because the duck is obviously spooked by me; normal duck behavior
-female khaki campbell (name is brownie, but we like calling her quacki campbell)
-unsure of how long duck has been like this; probably a few hours at most
-seems to be no swelling

pictures will be added later.
if a vet is not an option i would order this overnight, they close at 5 so hurry,
https://www.mikesfalconry.com/product/terramycin-ophthalmic-ointment-1-8-oz/

vet is the best option but if it cant be done (i know how expensive it is even if you can find a vet to take a bird) i would keep this ointment on it, and keep it clean, washing with sailine solution not homeade if possible, as the eye is very delicate, and covering with this ointment to keep out infection

if a vet is not an option i would order this overnight, they close at 5 so hurry,
https://www.mikesfalconry.com/product/terramycin-ophthalmic-ointment-1-8-oz/

vet is the best option but if it cant be done (i know how expensive it is even if you can find a vet to take a bird) i would keep this ointment on it, and keep it clean, washing with sailine solution not homeade if possible, as the eye is very delicate, and covering with this ointment to keep out infection
Rather than a small animal vet try a livestock vet if u need one, they generally don't require an arm, leg and kidney as payment like small animal vets do.

I have two stellar large animal/equine vets who also care for my cat and chickies.

Alright, I'll giver her aspirin and see how it goes.
That's how I feel too :( Luckily we have 3 Cayugas here
the other chickens leave her alone, so I think she'll be fine.They also let them free range a lot so that's great too.
Not sure if they'll take the duck back since she's a quacker... Hopefully if she stays she'll have a better life here!
Yeah, if you have ducks, that would be best for her. She's probably missing her pals and the security of what she knows.

Back
Top Bottom