Serious illness? Coccidiosis?

Blueberryperry

Hatching
Jul 24, 2022
Hello all, really hoping for some guidance. I posted before about my chicken, Randy (House Chicken Randy we like to call her now). We thought: fight? Coccidiosis? Worms? Mites? Impacted/sour crop? All have been treated for, and this is now day 25 of her showing illness.

Symptoms currently include: semi lethargic, eating and drinking HEAVILY, severe diarrhea (no blood, very very runny from all the water and food she’s consuming).

Her crop is empty in the morning, normal, fills and empties quickly.

Given: 2 rounds of corrid in water for 7 days (7/24-7/31 & 8/10-8/18), antibiotic for 4 days (Liquamycin 8/4-8/8), probiotics periodically/grit in food, electrolytes and nutridrench in food/water periodically.

She’s moving, she’s eating, drinking, but just isn’t herself. The constant liquid poops are very concerning to me. Anything else I could do?

See photos. Thank you so much for your time and support.

5F5EABBD-8643-4F4D-8EA6-4768F74ABA12.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 3
How old is Randy? Was she laying at any point in her life so far? If so, when was the last egg? Did you ever get a defective egg from her?

Does she free range? Access to a compost pile?

I suggest getting a fecal float test on her poop. Any vet can run it. It will tell you if she still harbors coccidia and it will tell you if she has worms.

Or you can just go ahead and treat her for worms and see if she perks up.

Thank you for your reply. She his only 4 months old, no eggs yet.

Not free range, big run with only 6 other girls.

We do not have easy access to a vet in our area (central middle of nowhere NH). We asked our local and she has no idea what she could do for us. Also unfortunately not a real option due to the high cost…

What would you suggest for worms?

Really appreciate the help!!!

Back
Top Bottom