Serious Injury

I will post pictures tomorrow morning. There is nothing about the wound that can be “glued together. There is no skin left to repair. But I can’t explain accurately so I’ll post pictures tomorrow.

I will post pictures tomorrow morning. There is nothing about the wound that can be “glued together. There is no skin left to repair. But I can’t explain accurately so I’ll post pictures tomorrow.
Is she inside? She needs urgent care if the wound is this serious, you can't wait until tomorrow.

Okay BYC hivemind... what would you use as artificial skin on a chicken? if the wound is too big to scab over and needs a little extra something? because obviously the crop hole needs to be closed.

You cant really pack it with gauze because itll just get gross from the inside of the crop...

Okay BYC hivemind... what would you use as artificial skin on a chicken? if the wound is too big to scab over and needs a little extra something? because obviously the crop hole needs to be closed.
I'm wondering if you get some sort of skin from another animal? I know that deerskin is a thing that exists. Not saying it'd work, but maybe a different animal?

I'm wondering if you get some sort of skin from another animal? I know that deerskin is a thing that exists. Not saying it'd work, but maybe a different animal?
Along those lines, maybe leather? Not the fancy leather, but the soft leather?
leather scraps.jpg

Some sort of little leather scrap?

That is way too logical ahaha. Great idea. I'd say just be careful about dyes and treatments?

Back
Top Bottom