1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Serious trouble in the brood box! *Pic HEAVY*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lknight, Jun 3, 2008.

1. lknight

lknight Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2008
    Western Washington
    I posted pictures of a few of my chicks maybe 2 weeks ago, and got answers I pretty much expected... WELL... things change! I have one chick I am 100 % sure is a roo... but now it looks like I might have a few more... I am really hoping not, as I do not want several roosters, but don't want them in the stew pot either. Please all ye wise BYCers... PLEASE give me some good news.

This is Larry, my stud of a rooster. He is almost 6 weeks
    [​IMG]
    This is Larry with one of his 1/2 sibs. Dad was a leghorn, mom was a ???. Its comb is still pretty peachy, not turning red like Larry's.
    [​IMG]
    these 3 are all Larry's sibs. One from the 2nd picture in the back, the front is Mo, I am pretty sure she is a girl, to the left is Curly who is getting a good size comb, and developing waddles (arg). They all hatched the same time as Larry, and have the same dad.
    [​IMG]
    Now this is my buffy. supposed to be a sexed pullet, but I am begining to wonder... 5 weeks
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your wisdom!

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    All I know is buffy is a roo sorry.
    Henry

3. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    the 3rd pic down front one looks pullet to me. the one in 2nd pic right looks girl but in next pic looks like a boy, i'm thinking that one is a girl also since same age and not bright red comb. the others r definate boys.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I count 6 roo combs in the pictures total. The first and last are roos along with the white and brown one. Or at least look like it to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by